• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Blue Mountain Publishing

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
Not to be confused with Blue Ridge Literary, or Blue Mountain Arts. I couldn't find a thread for this particular publisher, who is located in Florida. I received a Linkedin request from Walter "Bud" O'Neill to join his network, and checking further, found this link: http://www.bluemountainpublishing.com/
Any input? They seem a small press, with few authors.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Well, being family owned is okay, but where the red flags came up for me was the idea of a "package" where you pay for them to do the work for you. That's vanity publishing, as far as I'm concerned.

Nothing about how they distribute or how successful their books are doing (I guess you could look them up on Amazon. I haven't done so). And anyone who has the obvious typo on the front page of "braking the bank", well...you tell me.

I'd give this a pass. Other publishers do most of the things this publisher says it does, but they won't ask you for money.

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
Perhaps, aside from "braking the bank," it was this mission statement that put me off: "to help unknown authors to get there writing published."

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
From the BMP website:

Glen Barnhardt is CEO and Owner of Blue Mountain Publishing. He is an Entrepreneur, Internet Marketer and known as the “Famous Internet Programmer”. Glen has worked for many Fortune 500 companies as a consultant, Fiskars, Allied Signal, Hayes Dana, Sara Lee, Westinghouse just to name a few. He is the author of many Internet Marketing training guides such as WordPress SEO, Super Affiliate Interviews, The Article System, and The Motivated Marketing System. His passion for writing has lead him to create Blue Mountain Publishing a company devoted to helping writers harness their writing passion and to publish it to Kindle and Print, allowing them to turn there passion into income.
http://www.bluemountainpublishing.com/author/gbarnhardt/

I hope Mr Barnhardt isn't responsible for BMP's manuscript editing package...

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
Comma problems abound. One example:
Blue Mountain Publishing is a, family-owned, publishing organization with a mission to help unknown authors to get there writing published.
Other sentences need commas between main clauses. Plus the word "unique" is always a flapping red flag:
We also offer a unique payment plan where you can make monthly payments and watch your book’s progress while you pay.
Another red flag: references to dreams coming true and joining a family:
Join the Blue Mountain Publishing family today and make your dream a reality!

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Last book published mid-'14. Fall Indiegogo campaign failed. Tw & FB ceased soon thereafter. Site's been worked and reworked since then, but is currently in disarray.