Saving a Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

dianeP

Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes I come across a post that is particularly helpful, and something that I might have to come back and refer to every now and then.

Is there a place within AW where I can copy and save a post? I guess I could email it to myself or copy and paste on a document, but I like the idea of having everything here.

Deleted member 42

You can book mark the post; click the post number in the top right.

There are also tools like Evernote.

Keeping a post for private use is one thing; re-posting it though could be a problem.

dianeP

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks... I tried it with your answer, but where do I go to then open it up again?

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Thanks... I tried it with your answer, but where do I go to then open it up again?

CLicking the post number should open a page with just that post. You can then bookmark it like any other web page. So, in Chrome for example, I'd click the star icon to the right of the address bar, and choose where to put the bookmark. Then to open it up again, I just click the bookmark.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I'm not sure I understand your question.

I use Firefox. If I wanted to do what you want, I would create a new folder in Bookmarks. Then when I wanted to bookmark a particular post, I would click the post number so it's separate from the thread (as Medi suggested), then bookmark it in my Post Saves folder, adding a description tag if needed. I could then go to this folder any time I wanted to look back at the posts I'd bookmarked.

Last edited:

dianeP

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys... sorry, I've never bookmarked anything before...
Learn something new everyday!!

PS Just tried it. Works... thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.