AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Mountain Springs House / Mountain Springs Publishing

Mountain Springs House / Mountain Springs Publishing

http://www.mountainspringpublishing.com

Anyone work with this publisher? Looks like they just stick the book on Amazon, covers aren't very good and there is a weird disclaimer about pictures on the bottom of the site.
    Tirjasdyn
    http://michellejnorton.com
    http://denverfictionwriters.com
    Web Designer, Writer

I used to be amused by Utopians. With life experience, I have grown to fear them. The great failing of Utopians is that they can never accept that someone else might not want to
    be a part of their utopian vision. Like ill-mannered tourists, they assume that if you don't agree with them, it must be because they're not explaining it simply enough, or often enough, or loudly enough, or ultimately, because you're stupid. Utopians always think achieving Utopia is simply a matter of education—and then re-education—and then coercion, legislation, litigation medication conditioning threats book-burnings eugenics surgical modifications hunting down the counter-revolutionaries killing the reactionaries genetic engineering—and ultimately all Utopians, no matter how nobly they begin, always end up at the same conclusion: that the only thing that keeps Man from building a secular heaven here on Earth is the nature of Man, therefore we must build a New and Better Man.

--The Ranting Room

Insurance is a bet that only the insurance company can win.

The "welcome page" looks like it's geared to authors rather than readers. There's that "dream" red flag:
    Our highly qualified staff have years of publishing experience and will take the greatest care in helping you to achieve your literary dreams.
    Their genre list is, uh, interesting: "Action, Children’s Books, Crime, Dystopian, Erotica, Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Horror, Non-Fiction, Paranormal, Poetry, Psychological Thrillers, Romance, Sci-Fi, Short Stories, Westerns, YA"

Only five authors listed so far. Books are on Smashwords as well as Amazon.

Write. Write. Writey Write Write. mrsmig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirjasdyn View Post
    http://www.mountainspringpublishing.com

Anyone work with this publisher? Looks like they just stick the book on Amazon, covers aren't very good and there is a weird disclaimer about pictures on the bottom of the site.
    "Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners." Wow.
    KINGLET: Now available from Fiery Seas Publishing: Amazon Barnes & Noble iBooks Kobo
    FISKUR: Now available from Fiery Seas Publishing: Amazon Barnes & Noble iBooks Kobo
    STONEKING: Releasing February 20, 2018 from Fiery Seas Publishing

My Website:
    www.donnamigliaccio.com

And the occasional Tweet.

Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
    We offer authors a personalized publishing experience with a staff that truly cares about you.
    I don't want a staff that wuvs me.

I want a staff which has experience in editing, cover design and marketing. And the Editors page makes it clear this is just another amateur startup.

Mountain Springs was founded by bestselling author, Allison Bruning
    I checked her books on Amazon. She's been published by Amazon Digital Services, CreateSpace and Mountain Springs.
    Sleeping Beauty-inspired m/m romance : Editing.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Write. Write. Writey Write Write. mrsmig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaoPaux View Post
    Link not working. Wondering if the business is shuttered now.
    KINGLET: Now available from Fiery Seas Publishing: Amazon Barnes & Noble iBooks Kobo
    FISKUR: Now available from Fiery Seas Publishing: Amazon Barnes & Noble iBooks Kobo
    STONEKING: Releasing February 20, 2018 from Fiery Seas Publishing

My Website:
    www.donnamigliaccio.com

And the occasional Tweet.

5657 Brežendra Rd., Treskebhar, Te’hănys, Alharhan
    Nothing working for me either. Did they disappear?
    That's Tee kee' rahm

Say hello to my whistling dragon, Kykherhenha (and that is pronounced Kich' kee ree' nah)

Wilde about Oscar aliceshortcake's Avatar
    It appears to have vanished into the ether. Here's an optimistic interview with Allison Bruning which appeared shortly after MSH was launched in 2013:

https://thefaceofbusiness.wordpress....springs-house/

There's a sad little comment at the end:

Peter Kayo ZincheteraJanuary 4, 2017 at 7:55 am
    JULY 2015 I signed contract with Mountain Springs to publish my two novels: Speaking for the voiceless many and Tears of an orphan girl. My emails and letters to publisher, asking the position of editorial work/manuscripts are not replied to. I am from Malawi, Africa.