Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Masque Books / Prime Books

Tortoise
    I do have to say, they are pretty laid-back about communication. I'm used to software and everyone demanding that things be done right now, so I'm having a difficult time adjusting to this.
    Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at the moment. -- Robert Benchley

Tortoise
    That was short-lived. Got an email from them this morning that they are changing direction and paring back their projects (which means dropping my book). They're closing to submissions for a few months. Hopefully they get back on their feet next year; they have all been super-nice and helpful throughout.
    Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at the moment. -- Robert Benchley

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veschke View Post
    Got an email from them this morning that they are changing direction and paring back their projects (which means dropping my book).
    Don't take it too hard. Stuff like that happens.

A book that's publishable by one is publishable by many. Getting back on the submission-go-round is a pain but it's something we all do.

practical experience, FTW
    Can someone tell me... When this happens, is it something to mention in new queries? "This mss was previously contracted by X, but was dropped before publication because of Y reason." ?

practical experience, FTW stormowl7's Avatar
    anyone ever publish with them?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12