• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Other Publishing Company

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
You'll search the company's website in vain for any info about its founders, but a quick Google reveals that TOPC author Michael Cameron is also the publisher. On his Facebook page he refers to TOPC as "those awfully nice people who publish my books", but his LinkedIn profile tells a different tale: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/michaelcameronauthor

I'd be put off by this lack of transparency.

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
If they publish only four full-length books, and two of them are by the publisher, that's a red flag for me.

The submission email address is in the otherwriter.com domain, which has a web page saying 'The Other Writer and The Ghost Writer are closed for refurbishment'. The Other Writer was Mr Cameron's freelance copywriting service; The Ghost Writer was his freelance ghostwriting service. I guess he's moved on from those to publishing.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Any more info on these guys? I see they have more authors there now. It says they distribute in the UK and the US. But who is the distributor? It's hard to find anything, Alice, you're right. I think because of the generic type name of the company.

Some of their covers look pretty good to me. I just wish I could find more info.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
They look okay, I guess. But in their sub guidelines they state that they only place their books solely with Amazon Kindle and no other because they believe Amazon has the largest market share.

Things might have changed, but it could also mean that they still place books with Amazon, be it in the U.S. or Britain.

Are they accepting all fiction genres? I couldn't find a preference, but they have some thrillers and fantasy books listed.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site's gone. If this is to be believed, closed in '16 due to "lack of funding".