Should I take my Dad's book Offline until it's Fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfarraday

Time Traveler
Registered
Reaction score
I recently published my Dad's book of poems via Createspace. Well, now that it's on Amazon, I'm listed as a co-author! My name is not on the cover, on the title page, or under any poem he wrote. But I did put in the book information page - when I was signing up for the ISBN, etc - that I assisted him. That's all I wanted, was to acknowledge that I ASSISTED him. I didn't actually WRITE it! And I don't want this as a publishing credit. However, now when I go back to the information page for his book, it says that part cannot be changed.

What do I do? Do I take the book off the market completely and start over again from scratch? Everything is ready to go, it would only take a couple of days. I can't think of any alternative.

Thanks,

M.

aimeestates

MADNESS
Registered
Reaction score
Website
yarghing.com
Once a book is on Amazon, it's there to stay. I've fought this battle, and I lost. But take a deep breath--this one little blip is nowhere near enough to ruin you or tarnish your name. So you helped your dad publish some poems...I think it's sweet.

*goosfraba*

J. Tanner

Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorjtanner.wordpress.com
However, now when I go back to the information page for his book, it says that part cannot be changed.

(EDIT: I see now you went through CreateSpace rather than KDP so the console is obviously differ than what I mentioned below)

Hm. That's odd. I can change anything including removing myself as the author when I'm the only one listed.

Did you go into the book page in KDP, then press the [Add Contributors] button? I have a [Remove] button next to each contributor there. Or you could change the "Title" to something other than "Author" for yourself once your dad is listed properly there. Nothing really fits "helper" but maybe you can find something better than "Author" if you really want your name to appear.

Last edited:

Bookish_Love

Perpetually Confused
Registered
Reaction score
I recently published my Dad's book of poems via Createspace. Well, now that it's on Amazon, I'm listed as a co-author! My name is not on the cover, on the title page, or under any poem he wrote. But I did put in the book information page - when I was signing up for the ISBN, etc - that I assisted him. That's all I wanted, was to acknowledge that I ASSISTED him. I didn't actually WRITE it! And I don't want this as a publishing credit. However, now when I go back to the information page for his book, it says that part cannot be changed.

What do I do? Do I take the book off the market completely and start over again from scratch? Everything is ready to go, it would only take a couple of days. I can't think of any alternative.

Thanks,

M.

Have you tried contacting Amazon customer support? They're usually pretty cool with things like this. If you explain the situation, they'll probably take care of it.

PrincessFiona

Registered
Reaction score
I have always had great luck with Amazon support. Try them!

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.