Chatter Brag Board

JMC2009

Your friendly neighborhood Chat Op
Registered
Reaction score
It came to our attention that we have quite a few chatters who aren't very active in the Forums. Add that to the sad fact that in order to hear the news, people have to actually be in chat at the moment its announced.

SO!

To help spread the good cheer, we're starting a thread specifically for chatters to make announcements and brag a little bit to help keep everyone up to speed on whose books and other works to be looking for.

Ready, set, announce!

Last edited:

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
A great idea for a thread, and I'll sticky it, too. Who is going to be the first to announce some good news?

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll go!

Though I am not the first chatter with some success, (c'mon guys, chime in) I may be the most recent. So recent that I am too tense to give specifics. I'll just say, I got my first book contract and I am so psyched a herd of woman hating, mutant alligators with razors on their eyelids couldn't worry me.

Let the bragging begin!

KitCat

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
On pain of chat harassment, I have been told to post here lol Contract for e-book (short novella size) signed and delivered about a week ago :) More details to come later.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
On pain of chat harassment, I have been told to post here lol Contract for e-book (short novella size) signed and delivered about a week ago :) More details to come later.

GREAT JOB KIT!

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Awesome, Kitty! :Jump:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Anyway, I just sold a story I wrote mostly while hanging out with y'all in chat. So thanks! :)

JMC2009

Registered
Reaction score
AWESOME! GO ZANZ!

Jenzie

Registered
Reaction score
Good job everyone!! Sorry I've been semi-absent lately (life tends to happen all at once) but I'm thinking about you daily :)

I'll throw my good news into the thread -- I have two offers for FLUSHED! Currently reading the contracts and trying to make the best decision.

Thanks to all you chatters who word-warred me to finishing it, edit-warred me to re-finishing it, and critted some of my drafts along the way. Couldn't have done it alone <3

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats! :)

AW has a chat channel on IRC, which is what is meant by chatters. So now you'll have to swing by there and say hello too. :) Instructions are in a sticky thread in this room.

We do flash fiction challenges on Sunday nights (9pm Eastern US, so a little late for you unless you're a night owl) and often there are spontaneous "word wars" throughout the day. And pretty much we'll talk about food anytime :)

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good job everyone!! Sorry I've been semi-absent lately (life tends to happen all at once) but I'm thinking about you daily :)

I'll throw my good news into the thread -- I have two offers for FLUSHED! Currently reading the contracts and trying to make the best decision.

Thanks to all you chatters who word-warred me to finishing it, edit-warred me to re-finishing it, and critted some of my drafts along the way. Couldn't have done it alone <3

Oh wow, Jen! Awesome!! :snoopy::snoopy::partyguy:

JMC2009

Registered
Reaction score
Yay Jen! WOOT WOOT!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
w00t! Way to go, Jenzie! How totally awesome is that?

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Yay Syd, well done you!

And hi Susie, yay you too. :)

-Derek