• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Wilde City Press

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.wildecity.com/

Straight from their "about us"
"Welcome to Wilde City, a metropolis of male fiction brimming with the best in Gay Male Romance, Gay Male Erotica and Gay Male Mainstream books; a place inhabited by the most talented writers in the industry whose page-turning tales will make you laugh, cry and beg for more!"
They are a new gay and M/M press, looks to be established around September 2012. Their authors are recognizable names in the industry. But there is no submissions guidelines available, so I assume that means this is an exclusive, invite-only press at this time.

Anyone heard of them?

ETA: I received confirmation back that they are invite-only at the moment as they don't have the staff to open submissions. However, submissions may open as early as next summer.

Last edited:

Fanatic_Dreamer

Daydreaming Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
So has anyone worked with them? Any idea of their track record?

I have a novel published with them.

Since they're closed the only way to get in is to be referred by an existing author, IIRC, which is how I got them to check my work and thankfully the owner personally reviewed/read my novel and sent a contract in a few days. :D

First off - the entire staff is very friendly and helpful. I found working with my editor, Val, very easy and not at all stressful. She doesn't just edit the novel, she edits and provides comments/tips on why it needs to be changed and helps you become a better author. But if you have something that's a stylistic choice she respects that.

This is the cover they did for me (mine) and I was very pleased with it. They listened to what I wanted for my cover and made sure it was exactly what I wanted/envisioned for it.

Sales were pretty good at first (I was in the top 5 best selling action/adventure LGBT novels on Amazon for a good two or three weeks) before they tapered off. Sales would probably still be good if I can ever get around to finishing the sequel... :p

Now I do have one major critique. I don't believe they do so well with marketing it's like 75% on the author, but I believe that's fairly common for indie/small publishers. So essentially if you can market yourself, this publisher is good.

Last edited:

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
And apparently they're now closing. Don't think they've said so on their website, but authors are posting about it.

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
It was reported on The Passive Voice, and the verbiage that was quoted seems to indicate they're doing it right -- full payment of royalties and proper reversion to authors. Good on them, though most unfortunate. I hate to see any press close except maybe EC.

Fanatic_Dreamer

Daydreaming Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
It was reported on The Passive Voice, and the verbiage that was quoted seems to indicate they're doing it right -- full payment of royalties and proper reversion to authors. Good on them, though most unfortunate. I hate to see any press close except maybe EC.

They're definitely doing it right. As previously stated I'm an author with them and their email was very informative, professional, and not shady in the slightest.

Without going into too much detail, they basically promised to pay all authors for royalties in full from now until they close their doors 100%. In addition, for books currently in edit they're going to be having their editors finish the current round of edits (at their cost) and then the manuscripts be sent back to the author. And they're also giving all authors ample amount of time to find different placements for their novels.

It's heartbreaking because Ethan/Geoff/co. are sweethearts.