• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Heacock Literary Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carmine

Anyone know anything about this particular agency? Google doesn't turn up much.

davidh_99709

Heacock Hill Literary Agency

Ms. Catt Le Baigue, Heacock Literary agency, made a great effort to ease the pain of rejection, taking time to send not one, but three letters. She made a great effort to explain that, while she loved the query letter and hook, they do not handle thrillers such as mine. Good luck to all others who traverse this road with me.....and to all you mothers.... Happy mothers day!:snoopy:

Last edited:

Sassenach

5 W's & an H
Registered
Reaction score
davidh_99709 said:
Ms. Catt Le Baigue, Heacock Literary agency, made a great effort to ease the pain of rejection, taking time to send not one, but three letters. She made a great effort to explain that, while she loved the query letter and hook, but they do not handle thrillers such as mine. Good luck to all others who traverse this road with me.....and to all you mothers.... Happy mothers day!:snoopy:

Many [most] agencies list the genres they DON'T represent, to avoid wasting everyone's time.

I agree, the three letters thing sounds weird.

davidh_99709

As matter of politeness, I thanked her after the first quick, personable response, mentioned no further response was necessary, and still she wrote back with something else to add or something nice to mention. I hope not too much gets read into the three letters, all I am saying is that she was a very considerate individual.... far better than a form letter which begins, "Dear Author"

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Not accepting new clients in adult fiction. Currently closed to all subs for period of bereavement.

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
they are accepting again.
does anyone have recent sales info
or what type of books they've sold?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Per this page http://heacockliteraryagency.com/main.htm Heacock Literary Agency is no longer accepting clients.

Rosalie Grace Heacock Thompson said:
Notice to Authors:

As President and co-founder of The Heacock Literary Agency, Inc. (1978-present), as of November 3, 2009, having, with the late James B. Heacock, over the years sold over 1100 manuscripts to major publishers, it is now time to seni-retire and no longer launch new authors..
While continuing to actively represent many long time authors presently under contract, the Heacock Literary Agency, Inc. is no longer accepting new clients.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.