AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Heacock Literary Agency

Carmine

Heacock Literary Agency

Anyone know anything about this particular agency? Google doesn't turn up much.

Print release:Sept.1,'09 Branwyn's Avatar
    The Hanging Tree-WIP
    Harvest Moon-WIP
    myspace.com/elladonna
    The Upside of Karma

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Just a link: http://heacockliteraryagency.com/

And a reminder: "No Unsolicited Manuscripts" jus' means "Query First".
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

davidh_99709

Heacock Hill Literary Agency

Ms. Catt Le Baigue, Heacock Literary agency, made a great effort to ease the pain of rejection, taking time to send not one, but three letters. She made a great effort to explain that, while she loved the query letter and hook, they do not handle thrillers such as mine. Good luck to all others who traverse this road with me.....and to all you mothers.... Happy mothers day!
    Last edited by davidh_99709; 05-14-2006 at 01:25 AM.

Author Waiting in the Wings Maprilynne's Avatar
    Three letters? For a query? That sounds a bit odd.

Maprilynne
    Wings: the first of four from Harper Teen debuting May 5th, 2009.

You can Pre-Order my book from Amazon!
    (Come on, you know you want to.)

Quote Originally Posted by davidh_99709
    Ms. Catt Le Baigue, Heacock Literary agency, made a great effort to ease the pain of rejection, taking time to send not one, but three letters. She made a great effort to explain that, while she loved the query letter and hook, but they do not handle thrillers such as mine. Good luck to all others who traverse this road with me.....and to all you mothers.... Happy mothers day!
    Many [most] agencies list the genres they DON'T represent, to avoid wasting everyone's time.

I agree, the three letters thing sounds weird.
    I feel God in this Chili's.
    -Pam Beesley

davidh_99709
    As matter of politeness, I thanked her after the first quick, personable response, mentioned no further response was necessary, and still she wrote back with something else to add or something nice to mention. I hope not too much gets read into the three letters, all I am saying is that she was a very considerate individual.... far better than a form letter which begins, "Dear Author"
    Last edited by davidh_99709; 05-14-2006 at 02:57 AM.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Not accepting new clients in adult fiction. Currently closed to all subs for period of bereavement.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

bedazzled /bootay shaker!! xiaotien's Avatar
    they are accepting again.
    does anyone have recent sales info
    or what type of books they've sold?

Silver Ph0enix (Greenwi11ow: 4/09)

Fury of the Ph0enix (Greenwi11ow: 3/11)

Diverse 3nergies anthology (Tu B00ks: 10/12)

visit my website :
    paint & prose

my brush art at etsy!

Per this page http://heacockliteraryagency.com/main.htm Heacock Literary Agency is no longer accepting clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosalie Grace Heacock Thompson, AAR
    Notice to Authors:

As President and co-founder of The Heacock Literary Agency, Inc. (1978-present), as of November 3, 2009, having, with the late James B. Heacock, over the years sold over 1100 manuscripts to major publishers, it is now time to seni-retire and no longer launch new authors..
    While continuing to actively represent many long time authors presently under contract, the Heacock Literary Agency, Inc. is no longer accepting new clients.
    Last edited by AW Admin; 09-01-2013 at 02:30 AM.