• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Premier Digital Publishing

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Their web page looks very professional, but their about us page sound like typical new publisher stuff, without any real about us stuff. Such as, who are the editors, if they pay advances, etc, etc, etc.

I don't see any warning signs, but I also don't see anything that thrill me. Perhaps someone with more experience with PDP can enlighten us...

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Well, they appear to have got Andre Norton and Stanislaw Lem on their list, so they can't be clowns.

Round Two

Behind the door of a small house.
Registered
Reaction score
Their web page looks very professional, but their about us page sound like typical new publisher stuff, without any real about us stuff. Such as, who are the editors, if they pay advances, etc, etc, etc.

I don't see any warning signs, but I also don't see anything that thrill me. Perhaps someone with more experience with PDP can enlighten us...

Staff bios can be found here - http://www.premierdigitalpublishing.com/management/

They aren't soliciting authors, they're selling books. No need to discuss advances. I couldn't even find a submissions page. Maybe they aren't looking.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
While their SF selections is dominated by Piers Anthony, the Fantasy selections has a lot of Andre Norton, but some of those books were originally classified as SF.

Sounds like they do a lot of backlist stuff, and I for one like that...

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
See, you had the same problem RT. I couldn't find the submission guidelines either. I even googled it and still couldn't find them. If anyone can find that, let me know cause I'd like to look at that too.

Round Two

Behind the door of a small house.
Registered
Reaction score
See, you had the same problem RT. I couldn't find the submission guidelines either. I even googled it and still couldn't find them. If anyone can find that, let me know cause I'd like to look at that too.

It wasn't really a problem. They don't seem to be interested in taking submissions via their website (or at all). All I was pointing out is that the site is geared towards readers (as opposed to writers).

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, sorry. I see that it's geared towards readers, which is good, but there's absolutely no trace of writer's guidelines (just sayin for the people that are interested)

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I tried that and my email kept on rejecting. I tried like three different emails and still it would not go through.

JournoWriter

Just the facts, please
Registered
Reaction score
Per PW: "PDP is not looking for self-publishers or aspiring writers—it’s after veteran midlist authors with a platform, original works, and a backlist that has reverted to the author or is out of print. ... PDP acquires books through agents, Ellsworth said, and prefers, “midlist authors with a following, a little audience that we can leverage,” authors that he said were getting “tough” treatment from legacy publishers."

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/...gital-publishing-the-best-of-old-and-new.html

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Per PW: "PDP is not looking for self-publishers or aspiring writers—it’s after veteran midlist authors with a platform, original works, and a backlist that has reverted to the author or is out of print. ... PDP acquires books through agents, Ellsworth said, and prefers, “midlist authors with a following, a little audience that we can leverage,” authors that he said were getting “tough” treatment from legacy publishers."

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/...gital-publishing-the-best-of-old-and-new.html

That's pretty much what I figured, going by the authors on their list.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I am a little unhappy with their use of 'legacy', but I find their MO refreshing. The reader-only focus and specific mandate are the opposite of most of the author-enticing subsidy /vanity or clueless newbie publishers we see in this forum. I'm bookmarking them for my personal library.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Well, who knows, maybe things will change down the road and they'll open up to submissions.

I didn't see the "legacy" comment yet. I need to check the PW link.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I just remember getting a little sneaky and putting a pitch paragraph in their contact form box, plus asked some general questions. Appears they are interested in back-list titles from mid-list "name" authors that might have a following. If I'm not mistaken, Dark Star started doing this and then expanded.

tri

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Bought out by Open Road Integrated Media in Jun '14. (article)