Amazon pricing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurosa

Through the eyes of a child
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but if so, I can't find it.

I uploaded a book on Amazon yesterday, went through all the steps and everything was fine. Or so it seemed...

I uploaded my book for $4.99, yet when it went live on Amazon it was displayed as $6.99. I then chamged it to $3.99 on my side and Amazon moved it to $5.99.

Can anyone tell me why there is a difference? After all, I get paid royalties on my price (3.99/4.99) yet Amazon's price is different.

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all,

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but if so, I can't find it.

I uploaded a book on Amazon yesterday, went through all the steps and everything was fine. Or so it seemed...

I uploaded my book for $4.99, yet when it went live on Amazon it was displayed as $6.99. I then chamged it to $3.99 on my side and Amazon moved it to $5.99.

Can anyone tell me why there is a difference? After all, I get paid royalties on my price (3.99/4.99) yet Amazon's price is different.

I haven't seen that. Weird.

merrihiatt

Writing! Writing! Writing!
Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
Do you have the title listed at another site for a different amount? Amazon has bots that search for book listings and they alter prices sometimes.

Lurosa

Registered
Reaction score
You're in a territory with a surcharge because there's no amazon store there. $2 is common.

Buyers in supported territories will see the price you set.

Feel like an idiot! KDP explained that to me

Thanks

Lurosa

Registered
Reaction score
Do you have the title listed at another site for a different amount? Amazon has bots that search for book listings and they alter prices sometimes.

I have it @ Smashwords but will need to sdjust the price

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.