Dipping toes into the water...

devaD

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been nosing about again for a while, I first came across this site a couple (or more?!) years ago but once again had life overtake me and writing was pushed to the back-burner. I'm hoping that I get a chance to at least get some of these ideas out of my head and in draft to save my sanity, although that may already be too late! ;)

It's been a long time since I've been on any forum so I need to get my nerve together to jump in :eek: but wanted to say :hi:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

AW is a huge place, and there's a lot of information to be found here. Take your time and browse around to get a feel of the various forums.

Feel free to stop by Jed's Newbie Pub at the top of the New Members forum. It's a friendly place where you can hang out, have a virtual drink, and strike up a conversation with other members.

And don't forget to check out the Newbie Guide. Enjoy your stay. :)

droonfang

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been nosing about again for a while, I first came across this site a couple (or more?!) years ago but once again had life overtake me and writing was pushed to the back-burner. I'm hoping that I get a chance to at least get some of these ideas out of my head and in draft to save my sanity, although that may already be too late! ;)

It's been a long time since I've been on any forum so I need to get my nerve together to jump in :eek: but wanted to say :hi:

Good to meetcha deva and honestly, your post could have my name on it. Except you had "life" as an excuse. I had: why not read some more books first; which story is best; I really should have a laptop before; do I wanna do scripts or novels...blah, blah, blah. Hope to think I'm finally jumping in the pool and glad to see you are too...here at AW and wherever you write.

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. Who needs sanity anyways?

devaD

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome! :)

Good to meetcha deva and honestly, your post could have my name on it. Except you had "life" as an excuse. I had: why not read some more books first; which story is best; I really should have a laptop before; do I wanna do scripts or novels...blah, blah, blah. Hope to think I'm finally jumping in the pool and glad to see you are too...here at AW and wherever you write.

Ahem! Gotta say those excuses sound awfully familiar to me too! :e2paperba!!! :D

devaD

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Regdog and L.Y. have been reading the newbie guide so thanks for the pointer.

Last edited: