National on-line news magazines

MarkEsq

Clever title pending.
Registered
Reaction score
In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasi
I've written an article I want to sub around, I suppose it would fit in the "Lifestyle" section. Can anyone add to this list of national on-line news sites?:

• Salon
  • Slate
  • Huffington Post
  • Errrm...
Thanks!

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
The Atlantic
The New Republic
The New Yorker
Esquire

Those are the American ones I can think of in three seconds.

Those are all print magazines. I believe OP was looking for online mags.

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
Those are all print magazines. I believe OP was looking for online mags.

They all have online versions. I think their online presence these days are far greater than their print versions. I'm not sure you can, these days, separate like that. Everyone is online. Which is one of the causes of the magazine and newspaper deaths.

Last edited:

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
They all have online versions. I think their online presence these days are far greater than their print versions. I'm not sure you can, these days, separate like that. Everyone is online. Which is one of the causes of the magazine and newspaper deaths.

I'll say unequivocally that's not the case for the NYer and I'd argue for some of the others. However, I know they do - so does the OP. That they're print mags makes them a different marketplace that you can separate like that though. I dunno until he comes back and clarifies but I thought he was asking for online sites specifically.

Some may take online-only content; I'm not sure if or which.

Last edited:

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
I'll say unequivocally that's not the case for the NYer and I'd argue for some of the others. However, I know they do - so does the OP. That they're print mags makes them a different marketplace that you can separate like that though. I dunno until he comes back and clarifies but I thought he was asking for online sites specifically.

Some may take online-only content; I'm not sure if or which.

I suppose. However, I know that they have different editorial practises for each division, ie online and print. There was a big stink earlier about The Atlantic that illustrated this. The print editorial board offers money; the online one offers exposure. Heh.