• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocha5644

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm searching for a beta reader for a supernatural novel. Here is the description of what the story is about:

Emma Fields, a young woman attending the University of Venia, had no clue that the enigmatic stranger she saw in class that day was going to change her life forever. Intrigue, such as magic, exorcisms, the undead, and even being the target of a psychotic serial killer, were just some of the circumstances that were in store for her.

Yet, there was only one person she could connect any of these events to: the stranger who walked into her class that day.

Emma eventually began to realize that things in Venia City weren’t what they seemed, and that she had to decide to either regain the normalcy of her everyday life, or continue to fall down the proverbial rabbit hole. But, with the stranger never really far away, the choice to go back to ordinary life was fading quickly…

This is the first novel I've ever written, but I've given the story a lot of thought and am hoping people will enjoy it. What I'm mainly asking for is if the story flows and makes sense, and if there are any grammatical errors. I also welcome any constructive criticism because I want this story to be solid.

Thanks!

Edit: The story is complete at just a little over 90,000 words.

Last edited:

Kathl33n

Questioning Everything
Registered
Reaction score
Is your story something like the movie Gothika? If it is, I could handle that. If it's more along the lines of horror, I might not be your best candidate. Send me a pm if you haven't found a beta yet and are still looking for one. I am a grammar and spelling fanatic, so if that's what you're looking for, I'm pretty good at that.

ocha5644

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of re-editing my story at the moment. It shouldn't take long. If you have no problem waiting just a little bit, I'll be able to send you a copy if you're still interested.

Let me know and I'd be glad to have you beta!

Thanks

ocha5644

Registered
Reaction score
Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention. It's not like Gothika. I've seen that movie and thought it was good but different from what I've got going. Mine starts to go toward more action and fantasy. There are some horror elements, but that isn't the main theme (at least I don't think...).

Status
Not open for further replies.