Who Runs Essays ABOUT Writing?

LGordon555

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all - Besides the NY Times and the Huffington Post, what publications regularly run essays ABOUT writing? Thanks for any suggestions. Leslie

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
There are magazines specifically for writers: Writers' Digest, Poets and Writers, The Writers' Journal, The Christian Communicator. Some of these may have gone under since I last checked.

There are also magazines for writers in specific genres and fields. Many organizations for writers have their own publications as well.

Try a Google search and then research the individual publications.

LGordon555

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks...

...Debbie V. I should have clarified that I'm looking for mainstream publications (not writing publications) that run columns on writing. THANKS again for the input! Leslie

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
On what aspect of writing that a mainstream audience would be interested in it? I mean, if it is not something they do, what is the source of interest for them?

LGordon555

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know the motivation but the NY Times runs the DRAFT column and the Huffington Post has a writing section.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I am asking what kind of writing topic you are discussing, because that would determine who might publish it. i.e. how to get work done as a writer when you have three kids, versus how to get the detail correct when writing mixed martial arts combat, versus...

In my opinion Draft and HuffPo are for writers, they are basically online writing magazines with a small bycatch readership of dedicated readers and other soft-core intelligentsia.

LGordon555

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, got it. It's an essay about putting a failed manuscript in the proverbial drawer...