Question on viewing threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomMedic

Registered
Reaction score
In other forums when I click on a thread that I have previously read, but now has new posts it skips me past all the previously read posts and starts at the new posts since my last visit. That way I don't have to skip past all of the other posts that I have previously read.

For me it always starts at the beginning of the thread when I click on it, even if I've opened it before.

Is there a setting to change this or is it how this board is meant to be?

I do have cookies enabled by the way.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When you see the list of threads in a forum, just to the left of the thread title is a down arrow that should take you to the first unread post. I tried it just now, and it seems to take me to the first unread post since my last visit to AW, not the first unread in that thread, however.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
In other forums when I click on a thread that I have previously read, but now has new posts it skips me past all the previously read posts and starts at the new posts since my last visit. That way I don't have to skip past all of the other posts that I have previously read.

For me it always starts at the beginning of the thread when I click on it, even if I've opened it before.

Is there a setting to change this or is it how this board is meant to be?

I do have cookies enabled by the way.

Up at the top of the thread, there's a little blue pointing down arrow next to "View First Unread Post".

That should take you to your first unread post. :)

Alternatively, if you click the blue pointing down arrow next to a thread in a list, you'll also be taken to the first unread post.

I bet Medi has a lovely FAQ somewhere...

PhantomMedic

Registered
Reaction score
That works! Thanks. I looked all over settings for something to change. I knew it would be something easy that I overlooked.

Thanks again! Please pardon my idiocy. :)

Last edited:

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
You can also easily keep tabs on threads you've posted on and/or want to check for new posts by using the Subscribe To This Thread feature on Thread Tools.

Once you've subscribed to a thread, when you click on UserCp, threads that have had activity since your last visit will show up, Using the little blue arrows, you can then go to your first unread post and take it from there.

Hope this helps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.