Startling Revelation

RosaCrow88

Registered
Reaction score
In the past, I've created webpage after webpage, all because I was so sure that it was going to be the one that I'd post all my best and totally incredibly awesome stories all over for people to fall in love with and demand more of.

WELL IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

What DID happen is that I grew up a lot, and finally had that self-realization that my work was crap, should be burnt, and written all over again. And I didn't even need an editor to tell me as such.

This time, I've decided it's best to take it slow. To do little things. To read up ways to better myself BEFORE I decide to better my writing. After all, how can I possibly write something of any interest at all if I'm not up to snuff on what I need to do before I even start putting words to page?

Hours have been spent reading, researching, practicing, and hopefully, I'm now ready to start down my own path towards a completed novel.

If I'm successful, that will be more than enough for me. Money ain't all that. I just want to get my words out there for people, and if it makes them happy when they read it, I've done myself a favor and achieved what I set out to do.

With all that said, HELLO EVERYONE! I'M RosaCrow! AND I'M PROUD TO BE ON THIS SITE! :D

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

:welcome:

AW is a huge place, and there's a lot of information to be found here. Take your time and browse around to get a feel of the various forums.

And don't forget to check out the Newbie Guide. Enjoy your stay. :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Diminishingmirage

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Rosa, that advice is true for everything in life though...you need to constantly be working on yourself in different ways, not only will it improve your quality of work but it will improve your opinion of yourself and others, friendships and relationships, and job performance, I for one am always trying to better myself

Ona Mission

A Bit Squirrelly
Registered
Reaction score
Website
onanewmission.wordpress.com
Hiya Rosa. Regardless of your passion - be it musical, written, or dancing naked on bar tables - it takes PRACTICE to get anywhere near decent (well, not necessarily with the bar dancing. All depends on how drunk the patrons are at the time).

Point is, welcome to AW!

Booker

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome RosaCrow88 but you posted a totally incredibly awesome intro and we're proud to have you

jdmaccombs

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jdmaccombs.blogspot.com
I'm new here too, but welcome!

I'll echo the sentiments of Ona: it's great to do the research and commit to being well-read, but what will ultimately make you a better writer is continually writing. With that said, a self-aware writer will improve a lot quicker than a thin-skinned or arrogant writer, so it's always a positive when we can recognize our own mistakes and still wish to keep writing.

RosaCrow88

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!! I was on here a few months ago, and met some really great people. But, I took myself off because I was getting mad at the smallest criticism regarding my work. I was immature, and really did think my WIP was hot stuff. Hopefully this time I'll take the criticism (any kind) with a much cooler and leveler head!!

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. Good luck getting that novel written. Finishing your first novel is a great feeling. It's that moment when you realize you've done something a whole lot of people haven't.