Braggage III

Batspan

My Religion is kindness -Dalai Lama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bathughes.wordpress.com
Congrats, Simon, Renard, Project Deadlight and all!

Fihr -- Brava! I'm so happy for you. In the same antho as Ramsey Campbell, no less. I'll watch for that--I'm keen on gothic horror. This gives me hope for my (also non-sparkly) vampires.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Simon and fihr!

I had a humor story come out this Monday at DSF and a sad story come out today at Nature! The sad one -- "The Rumination on What Isn't" is the best flash piece I've written to date. Check it out:

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v501/n7468/full/501584a.html

This is my fourth story in Nature and they helpfully linked the other 3 for people to check out. Wee!

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I am stoked and can't wait to read the rest of the anthology. And yes, hang in there with those non-sparkly vampires, Batspan. It may just be a matter of waiting for the right opportunity.

Congrats Alex and Simon! Simon, I'll be crossing my fingers for you! That's awesome!

O'Dandelo

Registered
Reaction score
Mega congrats to fihr!! And a hearty round of applause to Alex. And many fingers crossed for you, Simon!!

I just got off the phone with Joni Labaqui. I'm one of the 8 finalists for Q3 of Writers of the Future!! In total shock, as this is my first time entering the contest. The next couple of weeks are going to be looooooong.

Aislinn

Head down
Registered
Reaction score
OMG - Braggage III goes off! (Sorry, that was a leak of '90s teen-speak in honour of Simon). I'm crossing my toes, fingers needed for typing.

Alex, congrats, sounds like a good one.

Edited - oops sorry, left off O'Dandelo - waiting is so hard, congratulations on your massive achievement so far :D

Last edited:

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Joni Labaqui. I'm one of the 8 finalists for Q3 of Writers of the Future!! In total shock, as this is my first time entering the contest. The next couple of weeks are going to be looooooong.

Thanks! And congratulations - awesome news! My sympathy on the agonising wait - but good luck!!

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score

So excited for you! Congrats again!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Congrats, Michael!

You've got Viable Paradise to keep you busy and away from thinking about WOTF for a while... Which is a very nice position to be in :)

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Simon. Full request angst is a beast best soothed by writing something else. (Although a beer or two never hurts.)

I suppose with the strings of acceptances you get, Alex, it's only natural you'd wind up with a double publication week too. Congrats!

Fantastic news, O'Dandelo! I'm running out of fingers to cross but I think I have a few toes free. :)

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, O'Dandelo and anyone I missed! And of course Alex, who likes to remind us all what slackers we are :)

O'Dandelo

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! And Alex, I WISH I had Viable Paradise to keep me occupied. Maybe you have me mixed up with someone luckier than I am. :)

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
Fihr, that's awesome! I remember that story well--and I remember how impressed I was by it. LOVE Ramsey Campbell. Congrats!

Project, fingers crossed for you!

Alex, woot! Nice work! I'll be reading that Nature story sometime soon, I have no doubt.

Dandelo, third times congrats!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
21 day acceptance from Asimov's. Still waiting on a few other subs, while I try to finish the first draft of this novel.

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! Lots of congrats! Zanzjan- I love Asimovs, that's awesoem! O'Dand - how does that work? i thought if you were published a certain number of times you couldn't enter? Either way, that's awesome!

I think I saw a fihr and Simon (full request, yeah!) and Alex, too - woot!

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
21 day acceptance from Asimov's. Still waiting on a few other subs, while I try to finish the first draft of this novel.

Fantastic news, zanzjan! Congrats!