Braggage III

LolaVelo

Registered
Reaction score
Had my second poetry sale ever today: a 1 day acceptance for the international Re-Making Moby-Dick project being published through Pea River Journal. It was the loveliest acceptance letter I've ever received -- it's made me giddy!

Congrats on all the great news all around, and awesome about the translations, Alex!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
w00t, congrats Lola and Alex and anyone else I missed because I'm too busy to backread at the mo'!

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
"Breaking the Dam" was accepted by Illumen today!

Also, I've a piece being held by Strange Horizons; will know mid-October. *fingers crossed*

Congrats all on all the recent acceptances!!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Go renard!

I'm pleased to announce that I sold "A Man in an Angel Costume" to DarkFuse's Horror d'oeuvres today. As of this sale, I have placed every single piece of fiction I wrote in my first year as a writer (summer 2010 through summer 2011).

It is also my 53rd short story sold overall.

quovadis

Registered
Reaction score
Very pleased to announce that my weird postwar Vienna golem-story, "The Golem of Leopoldstadt", has been accepted by Shadows & Tall Trees for their 6th annual issue!

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats LolaVelo, renard, Alex, quovadis, Simon, and anyone I missed!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Very pleased to announce that my weird postwar Vienna golem-story, "The Golem of Leopoldstadt", has been accepted by Shadows & Tall Trees for their 6th annual issue!

Congratulations!

One of the anthologies we are contemplating for 2014-15 is a golem antho. So you may have a reprint market soon to try this with!

Brett Marie

Slayer of Adverbs
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad to see everyone's successes here. I have some braggage of my own: I placed my story 'Sex Education' in Issue 2 of the webzine 'Bookanista.' Check it out here if you'd like, and be sure to watch it scroll by with their other features on their homepage here (although I admit you may not get the same thrill as I do just watching a photo of a rumpled bedsheet roll by).

It's nice to have a place to shout about my accomplishments without feeling obnoxious. And again, it's wonderful to see the work of other writers paying off on this thread. Keep it up, everybody!

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Have had my head down writing a lot, so am a bit late reading some of this braggage. But anyway - congrats all. Aggy, fantastic news on the novella; Aislinn, I hope you are still excited, that is a huge deal being one of only two selections, and there will have been an enormous pile of subs; congrats three times over, Alex; and congrats LolaVelo on the first poetry sale, and to reynard on yet more sales. [Pause for breath.] And - fabulous to see another inclusion in the Fiction Desk's anthology, Project Deadlight! And congrats to quovadis and brett marie for your recent story sales.

I have no braggage, but I am happy, as I'm meeting three deadlines - I've only one submission left to make, despite juggling a variety of tasks and kids, before I go away these school holidays.

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Congrats on all the recent great news!

I've had another sale today: "The Shoe War" to Spaceports & Spidersilk. :)

Aislinn

Head down
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, fihr and happy holidays :) Not sure there were only two requests for fulls; the SMH reported 'a couple' had been requested (before mine). I'm excited/nervous about that and a few other subs, which is unfortunately making it really hard to write new stuff. I need a major injection of self-discipline.

Congrats on all newest braggage - renard79 you're having a good week, well done!

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
A year on from my first ever publication going to print, and I have had 3 stories come out this week alone. The latest is my Young Adult horror story 'The Last Supper' at Youth Imagination. http://www.youthimagination.org/
If you like, please leave a comment and be my new best friend.

:)

Last edited:

O'Dandelo

Registered
Reaction score
I'm AWOL for a week and this thread blows up. Congrats, everyone! I'll single out Simon since he's the most recent post and I've met him in person. ;) Well done!

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Simon! I liked that story when I read the draft and am glad to see it's been published. You've sure accomplished a lot in one year!

Aislinn

Head down
Registered
Reaction score
Well done, Simon, nice story. (I couldn't see a comments field, though, sorry, but it is only 7am here and I'm but halfway through my first coffee.)

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoyed your story too, Simon!

And I have Braggage:

I've just made my first professional sale! My story, "The Debt Collector" will be published in "The New Gothic" anthology from Stone Skin Press. 6000 words, featuring a non-sparkly vampire. :)

Thanks to those here who helped critique this story (Eliza, Simon, Samuel) - your feedback was invaluable.

The headline author is Ramsey Campbell, "the godfather of modern horror", amongst other notable writers, and I feel incredibly honoured to be included in the anthology!

Last edited:

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
I've just made my first professional sale! My story, "The Debt Collector" will be published in "The New Gothic" anthology from Stone Skin Press. 6000 words, featuring a non-sparkly vampire. :)

Thanks to those here who helped critique this story (Eliza, Simon, Samuel) - your feedback was invaluable.

The headline author is Ramsey Campbell, "the godfather of modern horror", amongst other notable writers, and I feel incredibly honoured to be included in the anthology!

Yea, Fiona on the great news!! Big congrats!