Braggage III

JRTroughton

Registered
Reaction score
Cast of Wonders just produced a lovely version of my short story The Mothgate. Really pleased with it. They even got my name right!

CharlyT

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.charlottehlee.com
In just a month I get to add another post! My novelette, 'Finding Persephone' was accepted by the Lorelei Signal after 115 days, and will be appearing in their January 2016 issue.

NOTE: If you're considering subbing to (or already have) The Lorelei Signal go by the average response time of 116 days for this market. I didn't get a reply to my follow-up query after the 60 day estimated response time had passed, so I assumed the magazine had passed on my piece due to a formatting issue (I had double spaced as per industry norm, but the editor asks for single spaced and I didn't notice that detail until later). I'd already had the next market reject it, and it was on sub to another market when I got the acceptance. Thankfully, STRAEON was understanding when I sent my withdrawal.

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
My crime-humor flash piece “Jailhouse Jive” appears in the new anthology Five (Pure Slush Volume 10). Along with the recent publication of my AHMM photo prompt winner (see my signature line), 2016 is off to a good start despite a disappointing rejection from another anthology and persistent, ongoing non-responses from four markets.

OTOH, it’s still early so there’s plenty of time for a long dry spell.

Best wishes,
Peter

Last edited:

Brandon M Johnson

hard at work
Registered
Reaction score
I had a bit of a lazy start to this writing year, but I'm back. Good to see some of us have been productive.

Cast of Wonders just produced a lovely version of my short story The Mothgate. Really pleased with it. They even got my name right!

Hey, that's really cool. Congrats.

My latest story "Oath Breaker Priest to an Almost God" is live in Betwixt! I'm really proud of this one.

Nice going, CL. I'll have to check that out sometime.

My crime-humor flash piece “Jailhouse Jive” appears in the new anthology Five (Pure Slush Volume 10). Along with the recent publication of my AHMM photo prompt winner (see my signature line), 2016 is off to a good start despite a disappointing rejection from another anthology and persistent, ongoing non-responses from four markets.

OTOH, it’s still early so there’s plenty of time for a long dry spell.

Best wishes,
Peter

Big congrats for getting into AHMM. And I really like the phrase "Pure Slush". That's just really fun to say.

Keep at it everyone.

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
I finally found a good home for one of my best stories! The one that gets high praise, made a few second rounds, and got personal responses from markets that are stingy with personal Rs. F@rstrider is going to publish it. They're new, and I loved their first issue. They're focused on humor, so those of you with great funny stories should check them out.

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
I finally found a good home for one of my best stories! The one that gets high praise, made a few second rounds, and got personal responses from markets that are stingy with personal Rs. F@rstrider is going to publish it. They're new, and I loved their first issue. They're focused on humor, so those of you with great funny stories should check them out.

Outstanding! High fives and congrats!

Best wishes,
Peter

CharlyT

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.charlottehlee.com

Congrats! That's wicked! :snoopy:

DetectiveFork

Registered
Reaction score

Awesome, JJ! I love your humor pieces.

shortstorymachinist

The score is still Q to 12!
Registered
Reaction score

Congratulations, JJ! I expect to see that signature revised soon :p

rseldon

Registered
Reaction score

Congratulations, JJ! That's awesome!