Winter outside a house with children in a horse-drawn sleigh

AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8334852535455565758
Results 1,426 to 1,447 of 1447

Thread: Braggage III

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D _Sian_'s Avatar
    Yay CharleyT!

*dances the celebratory roomba*
    New Blog Post: Work. How to Make Words
    New Blog Post: When Not to Write
    My short in Strange Horizons: Bride Price

My more serious side - Health communications: www.sejcontent.com

practical experience, FTW DetectiveFork's Avatar
    You're rockin' it, CharlyT! Congrats!!
    Killer Familiar - Crimson Streets
    Stuck On Mars - Jouth
    Sheila Slinkypaw and the Penguin - Cosmic Roots and Eldritch Shores

Murder! You want fries with that? pdichellis's Avatar
    My mystery-horror tale “Most Evil” appears in the police anthology Busted! Arresting Stories from the Beat (Level Best Books), just released on Amazon in both paperback and ebook (included in Kindle Unlimited program).

Storyline: A gangster with strange voodoo powers seems to return from the dead to murder rival hoodlums.
    Recent story: “The Mysterious Meatball Autopsy” – A humorous You-Solve-It whodunit. Follow the clues! In Mystery Weekly Magazine (November 2017).

For more, visit my site Murder and Fries or my Amazon author page. Or check my AW Library listings in the Mystery, Short Fiction, and Humor sections.

practical experience, FTW CharlyT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pdichellis View Post
    My mystery-horror tale “Most Evil” appears in the police anthology Busted! Arresting Stories from the Beat (Level Best Books), just released on Amazon in both paperback and ebook (included in Kindle Unlimited program).
    That's awesome, Pete! Congrats!
    New goal in March 2015, 1 short per month - 17 of 25 complete, 9 published
    Novel - Inventory - 1st edit in progress
    Novel - Malleta's Song #1 - prewriting / research in progress

www.charlottehlee.com

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D _Sian_'s Avatar
    My article in Clarkesworld was published today

http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/jones_06_17/

*zooms around*
    New Blog Post: Work. How to Make Words
    New Blog Post: When Not to Write
    My short in Strange Horizons: Bride Price

My more serious side - Health communications: www.sejcontent.com

People are not wearing enough hats JJ Litke's Avatar
    Nice, great article, Sian!
    The Invisible Box, Apex Magazine issue #92
    When the Planets Left
    , Cast of Wonders episode 210
    Harbinie of Death
    , Farstrider Magazine issue #2
    jjlitke.com

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/ Beanie5's Avatar
    Fantastic sian wish I'd seen it before, my character gets shot in the arm with an arrow while he runs away ( he continues running ) but after 40 min or so his vision starts to get spotty and he becomes very lethargic and is laid on the floor eventually struggling to move freely, when he recieves medical attention , (though good transfusion is not an option ) it takes him two days to get back on his feet,( though far from fit ) he is young and strong so it seems a good fit.
    Last edited by Beanie5; 06-02-2017 at 09:28 AM.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Quote Originally Posted by _Sian_ View Post
    My article in Clarkesworld was published today

http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/jones_06_17/

*zooms around*
    Wow congratulations!!!! Such an interesting piece! What was the process like working on a nonfiction piece for them? I pitched something to them last month, but I don't think they'll pick it up.

Congratulations, Sian! Though I know it was written for an SF market, your article - How To Injure Characters Without Killing Them - is definitely great stuff for mystery writers. If you don't mind, I'd like to post a link to the article on my mystery writer forums.

In other Braggage, after getting five (count 'em) rejections in May, I recently landed two acceptances. One for Issue 2 of the new LA-based crime mag Switchblade and one from Canada favorite Mystery Weekly. I imagine both stories will be published later this summer or perhaps in early autumn, but don't have exact scheduling yet.
    Recent story: “The Mysterious Meatball Autopsy” – A humorous You-Solve-It whodunit. Follow the clues! In Mystery Weekly Magazine (November 2017).

For more, visit my site Murder and Fries or my Amazon author page. Or check my AW Library listings in the Mystery, Short Fiction, and Humor sections.

Grats, Sian and Peter!
    Lightning Dance (Diabolical Plots October 2017)

www.tamlyndreaver.com

practical experience, FTW CharlyT's Avatar
    Congrats Sian and Pete(x2)!
    New goal in March 2015, 1 short per month - 17 of 25 complete, 9 published
    Novel - Inventory - 1st edit in progress
    Novel - Malleta's Song #1 - prewriting / research in progress

www.charlottehlee.com

Thank you, Tamlyn and CharlieT.

Mystery Weekly just went live with a supersized humor issue that includes my story (“Darkness, Darkness”) about a blind man who witnesses a murder and offers detectives a peculiar assortment of puzzling clues.

For those not familiar with Mystery Weekly, it’s a cool venue for short mysteries. They publish print and e-formats and include a free preview sample of all stories on their site (click the story title for the full sample). You also can sign up to receive a free weekly email with a complete story. (I signed up over a year ago and have never received any spam or sales pitches, just stories.)

If you like writing short mysteries (pays 1c/word up to $25) or reading them, Mystery Weekly is definitely worth checking out.

July turned out to be a lucky month for me.

In addition to a couple of mystery/crime stories, one at noir magazine Switchblade and one already posted (above), my humor piece “The All-Night Zombie Channel” just went live and free to read at The Higgs Weldon comedy site.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Luxtizer's Avatar
    After about nine months of submitting my work, I finally got an acceptance for one of my stories! It's not a professional payment, but it's still pretty amazing to be getting paid for my work for the first time.

Big thanks to the super helpful beta readers I met here who helped me edit this one.

Grats, Luxtizer!

www.tamlyndreaver.com

Most Unbecoming of an AW Moderator zanzjan's Avatar
    congrats and belated congrats, luxtizer and pdchellis!
    zanzjan.net - twitter - facebook
    Number Thirty-Nine Skink, short story, Asimov's, Mar/Apr 2017
    Pinned, poem, Asimov's, May/Jun 2017
    Books of the Risen Sea, novelette, Asimov's, Sep/Oct 2017
    The Secret Life of Bots, novelette, Clarkesworld no.132, Sept 2017
    Winner of the AnLab Reader's Award for Best Novelette and the Asimov's Reader's Award for Best Novella of 2016.

"Nolite te bastardes covfefendum" -- Anon.

Thank you zanzjan, and congrats Luxtizor on what I hope is your first of many more to come!

My story 'Lightning Dance' came out on Diabolical Plots today.

I haven't managed to sell anything or even get close this year (so far, still got a couple of months I guess) so this is a nice something to pick me up.

www.tamlyndreaver.com

People are not wearing enough hats JJ Litke's Avatar
    Nice, Tamlyn, congrats!
    The Invisible Box, Apex Magazine issue #92
    When the Planets Left
    , Cast of Wonders episode 210
    Harbinie of Death
    , Farstrider Magazine issue #2
    jjlitke.com

Congrrats, Tamlyn!

Following a bit of a dry spell (many rejections), I’ve got a new crime-horror flash piece just published and free to read at Spelk Fiction.

Storyline: After a botched robbery a young criminal flees into a creepy basement.

Only 500 words, so a quickie read for a Friday the Thirteenth leading up to Halloween!

Two bits of good news over the past few days.

My humorous You-Solve-It whodunit "The Mysterious Meatball Autopsy" appears in the new edition of Mystery Weekly Magazine.

And the Malice Domestic anthology Murder Most Geographical accepted my story “The Belle Hope” (a humorous private eye yarn about sunken treasure and missing treasure hunters) for publication in April.

Wish every week was like this one! (But good luck with that.)

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8334852535455565758