Winter scene of a small village with snowmen and a UFO

AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 59 1234567112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Braggage III

Braggage III

Quote Originally Posted by brandon_k View Post
    A 29 day acceptance from Stupefying Stories for my first accepted story ever!

I wanted to thank everyone who posts regularly on the W1S1 forum. I've been lurking for the past several months, and seeing everyone's successes (and failures) has helped build up my confidence to submit my own fiction. Sites like this are invaluable for beginning writers. Keep up the good work!
    First ever! What a milestone. Congrats and enjoy!

Catnip, a YA/Fantasy, has been accepted by DevineDestinies, and will hopefully be out later on this year or at the beginning of next year.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin lindairvine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J.W. Alden View Post
    Issue 7 of Plasma Frequency is live, with my story "Battle Lines." Read it free here!
    Great work on 'Battle Lines,' J.W. - left me curious about the world, and pondering his decision to reveal he was out of ammunition...

Thanks for the link

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    After months of active targeting -- they always got first crack at every remotely speculative story -- my seventh submission to Shimmer (and third bumped story) has been accepted for issue 19! It's my second pro sale this year (and ever) - and to a market that I really, really wanted...

Congrats, quovadis! I love Shimmer!

If you don't mind my asking -- how much time elapsed between getting the notification that your story was bumped and getting the acceptance?
    Laura

My humor blog: Unlikely Explanations

We’ll see what happens from here… Eliza C's Avatar
    Congratulations, quovadis on a successful targeting campaign and great sale!
    A Borrowed Hell
    "Carlos Castaneda meets Thomas Covenant in a well crafted tale of fear, doubt, and redemption... Recommended."
    -Nathan Lowell, author of The Tanyth Fairport Adventures and the Solar Clipper Series

The Speculative Worlds of L. D. Colter

The Halfblood War, complete at 116k
    Erebos, complete at 93k

The force is strong in this one. williemeikle's Avatar
    White Cat have finally brought out issue #1 of Blue Shift - and I've got a story in it.

Congratulations quovadis - that is a great sale and a great feeling after your persistence with that particular market.

And congrats on the publications everyone else!

Congrats all! quovadis, great sale!
    Blog

“Your head's like mine, like all our heads; big enough to contain every god and devil there ever was. Big enough to hold the weight of oceans and the turning stars.”
    Grant Morrison, The Invisibles, Vol. 1: Say You Want a Revolution

My story, "Flower of Flowers, Bird of Birds", is now live in Demeter's Spicebox Issue 3, Islands. A print anthology collecting all of the stories from Issues 1 - 3 is in the works!

http://www.cabinetdesfees.com/2013/v...ree-july-2013/
    Blog

“Your head's like mine, like all our heads; big enough to contain every god and devil there ever was. Big enough to hold the weight of oceans and the turning stars.”
    Grant Morrison, The Invisibles, Vol. 1: Say You Want a Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by quovadis View Post
    After months of active targeting -- they always got first crack at every remotely speculative story -- my seventh submission to Shimmer (and third bumped story) has been accepted for issue 19! It's my second pro sale this year (and ever) - and to a market that I really, really wanted...
    Congratulations, quovadis, wonderful news!

Well done, all, on recent braggage.

Princess Marina Princess Marina's Avatar
    Sold a short story to Nevermore Press. My first Regency romance is published in September and I have contracts for another and a fantasy tale to go out slightly later. Finally making progress and getting some interesting reviews before I even publish. The email from Nevermore Press was very flattering.

practical experience, FTW Dani79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quovadis View Post
    That's fantastic! Shimmer is such a wonderful publication. Well done.

practical experience, FTW Niccolo's Avatar
    So...got an acceptance email for a micro piece that I completely forgot I submitted. That was a nice surprise for today

"My Dear Claret" is up on MicroHorror now, check it out if you'd like.

Congrats, all! Fantastic news.

A tiny brag today. Tangent reviewed my story "Burning Men" from June's H. G. Wells themed issue of Penumbra, and it was very flattering! Also, great things said about fellow AW writer Shannon/Sai's "Colossus"!
    Last edited by Marzioli; 08-06-2013 at 10:43 PM.
    Forthcoming:
    - "Bittersweet Bedlam" @ A Darke Phantastique Anthology, August 2014

Recent Publications:
    - "The (Zeroes and) Ones We Love" @ Ares Magazine, July 2014

- "Splotch of Red" @ DarkFuse Anthology Series, June 2014

Blog:
    Tales From Marz

Congrats, Reynard, Princess Marina and Niccolo, on those acceptances and publications.

Marzioli, that review was wonderful, for both your story and Sai's. Congrats to both of you!

I got an acceptance from Shimmer today! It's my first sale ever, and I'm elated.
    Laura

Benefactor Member alexshvartsman's Avatar
    Congratulations, that's a great way to begin your writing career, laurasbadideas

Barbara R, that's so awesome! Living the dream. My question is, does it have to be good champagne? Hats off, laurasbadideas, that's a killer first sale!
    Forthcoming:
    - "Bittersweet Bedlam" @ A Darke Phantastique Anthology, August 2014

Recent Publications:
    - "The (Zeroes and) Ones We Love" @ Ares Magazine, July 2014

- "Splotch of Red" @ DarkFuse Anthology Series, June 2014

Blog:
    Tales From Marz

***Thanks for the new thread, AW Admin!***

Congrats, Barbara R - how awesome!

And congrats Laurasbadideas: what a fabulous market at which to make your first sale!

Just before post 17 there was a lovely post from Barbara Rogan about book signings and champagne.

She had a link in the post that went to somewhere on AW, but for some unknown reason it thought it was an image link, and that it was meant to be in Base 64.

This is VERY MUCH not good, and I know that it wasn't something Barbara meant to do—I blame the server hamsters, personally—but I had to kill the post or this thread would simply not load for large numbers of people.

I'm sorry Barbara; I tried editing, I tried copying, but had to go with delete.

We’ll see what happens from here… Eliza C's Avatar
    Thank you so much to AW Admin, MacAllister and Medievalist for the super quick attention to our broke thread and our spankin' new Braggage area
    A Borrowed Hell
    "Carlos Castaneda meets Thomas Covenant in a well crafted tale of fear, doubt, and redemption... Recommended."
    -Nathan Lowell, author of The Tanyth Fairport Adventures and the Solar Clipper Series

The Speculative Worlds of L. D. Colter

The Halfblood War, complete at 116k
    Erebos, complete at 93k

Benefactor Member alexshvartsman's Avatar
    Mac and other admins: thanks for fixing the braggage thread. But I gotta ask -- why Braggage III? What happened to Braggage II? Was the original sequel so bad, we are not considering it to be part of canon?

Braggage II was the thread where we drank all the champagne from that deleted post. That's why none of us remembers it.
    Laura

Cultus Gopherus MacAllister Medievalist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alexshvartsman View Post
    Mac and other admins: thanks for fixing the braggage thread. But I gotta ask -- why Braggage III? What happened to Braggage II? Was the original sequel so bad, we are not considering it to be part of canon?
    There's a post in the previous Braggage that suggested it had been split from an earlier thread.

AW Admin: This account is rarely active
    About.Me
    AWers On Twitter
    Lisa L. Spangenberg
    My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?

Page 1 of 59 1234567112651 ... LastLast