The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: TouchPoint Press (Sheri Ables)

paranormal interest Jennifer Robins's Avatar

TouchPoint Press (Sheri Ables)

Here we go again. Another agent turned publisher. Sheri Williams woke up one morning, looked in the mirror and Shazam, she discovered she was becoming a publisher. I had signed with her (Red Writing hood Ink.) but soon discovered she was not going to do anything for me and ended my association with her. She sent me an email about her new venture and asked me to publish with her, but I declined. Check it out.
    http://touchpointpress.com
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 08-04-2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: fix link

Proud Literary Sadist justbishop's Avatar
    Well it's a "professional" business using wordpress.com as a main web presence, and using the default theme, no less. That's all I really need to know (I'm kind of a snob, I know, but it's a pet peeve).
    WIP#1: 52,313/50,000

The Last Three Words: Evernight Teen | Amazon

Oh, dear GOD, NO!

Sheri was my agent too and she did absolute shit for me. Dealing with Sheri is a BIG waste of time.
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter Articles and writing tips for YA, inspirational quotes for writers and cats

FIX ME Goodreads Giveaway

Want to read FIX ME right now?

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    This is Sheri Williams, right. Not Ables?
    Emily Veinglory

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Williams was her maiden name (?). Here's our Red Writing Hood Ink thread.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

On a small world west of wonder LindaJeanne's Avatar
    TouchPoint publishes titles across multiple genres and subgenres. Our focus is not so much on a specific genre or subgenre, but on acquiring manuscripts that are exceptionally well-written, fast-paced, and engaging.
    As oppose to publishers that prefer to specialize in poorly-written, plodding and boring manuscripts?
    Last edited by LindaJeanne; 08-05-2013 at 12:01 AM.
    "A story told, that can't be real / yet somehow must reflect the truth we feel..." -- Black Sabbath / Ronnie James Dio

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaJeanne View Post
    As oppose to publishers that prefer to specialize in poorly-written, plodding and boring manuscripts?
    Hahaha, actually, this would describe the majority of manuscripts of quite a number of author-mill small (e)publishers whose books I've browsed or downloaded free portions of from Shashwords. Poorly-written, plodding, and boring indeed, although the last is the most subjective category of the three.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Don't do it! They're business is shady. They don't keep the author informed on anything! I had to wait almost 10 months for the cover art, and they didn't even ask my opinion on it! They make you do most of the edits, and don't help you at all with them! No advice, no guide, nothing! Not to mention they never respond to emails! Sheri is rude, and doesn't like it when you ask questions, or make your displeasure with Touchpoint known. Save yourself the hassle!