Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
So yesterday I was copying one of my notes in Evernote and...I totally goofed and pasted over it instead. I figured I could just Undo it like any other program right...uh, no. I discovered a massive problem instead. You cannot undo changes to the text.

Of course Googling it only mentioned becoming a Premium user to retrieve the lost version of the note. Classy, Evernote, hiding one of the most important features of any text-based program behind the pay wall.

I thought about it a little bit and went hey, it hasn't synced yet. I exited out immediately and logged into Evernote from a different device. Because it hadn't synced yet the note I'd accidentally pasted over was still there in its original form. Now, if you just sync it as is it will not save over the previous version, so I literally just deleted a period, then synced. Launched it on my PC and ta-da! The original version is back, minus a period. Whew!

So if you make the same mistake I did, there's a somewhat non-obvious way to get your note back that doesn't require paying for a Premium account.

Of course, this only works if you catch it before the notes sync, and if it's semi updated on another device. I don't use it much on my phone so it was just sheer luck that I even had it on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.