Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Fremantle Press / Fremantle Arts Centre Press

Ooo! Shiny new cover! Absolute Sage Cathy C's Avatar

Fremantle Press / Fremantle Arts Centre Press

Anyone know anything about this Australian publisher? Their website shows them as a "not for profit" publisher. That might mean they're funded by grants . . . or by their authors. They seem to have an extensive author list and have been around for at least 6 years.

Someone asked me about them and I have no clue.
    Want FREE reads? Click here!

Smiles!
    Cathy Clamp
    USA Today bestselling author
    ILLICIT, coming 7/16!
    My Website
    Follow me: Twitter
    Now on Facebook! Come friend me!

"An entertaining (and occasionally very dark) mystery." -- Locus

"[Shapeshifter] fans are about to hit the jackpot as Clamp returns to re-energize this amazing series. Searching for layered plotlines and complex characters? Look no further, as Clamp truly delivers!" -- RT BookReviews

"Cathy Clamp is a visionary author, creating new worlds that are both strong and vividly drawn. Adventure and excitement at its best." -- Yasmine Galenorn, New York Times Bestselling Author

"A struggling community under attack, compelling action, characters struggling with dark secrets ... FORBIDDEN hit all my favorite notes, and I love the rich world of the Sazi!" - Rachel Caine, New York Times Bestselling Author

practical experience, FTW Weirdmage's Avatar
    According to their about page they have been around for over 35 years. It also seems they only publish Western Ausralian authors.

Their "consultancy" looks a bit worrying to me. But I'll assume they actually are a non-profit publisher, and that there are rules in Austraia for being a non-profit, and understand they have to get money from somewhere if they publish books with limited commercial appeal.