• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Dark Mirror Publishing

Writerlife2012

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I haven't seen any threads for this publisher. Anyone heard of them? Any thoughts? Seems like they are really new....

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
Adding link : Dark Mirror Publishing

Electronic-only, specializing in erotica. Which is better than accepting too many genres, but there's no indication that they're experienced enough to compete for a slice of this pie. No "About Us" page to show the experience of the staff, no sample covers, and their FAQ says "three months (or much less!) is our rule of thumb" for making a book available for sale.

Unless there's something I've missed here, I can't see what makes this a better choice than established erotica publishers like Ellora's Cave, Samhain, Loose Id, Amber Quill, Liquid Silver, etc.

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
Looks to be a standard erotica e-house. There's nothing against them, but since they're not yet open, it's just too soon.

I didn't notice any face-slapping grammar and spelling goofs and they're not into over-explaining themselves, which I take as a good sign. The royalty scale is on a par with other houses. Hopefully, they'll allow people like Writer Beware to see a sample contract and that it will have a reasonable reversion clause and other points to make it attractive to authors.

The only problem I see is that they are still mint in the box with no hint on who the editors are (and their qualifications) and what kind of covers they'll be doing.

Coincidentally, I was discussing with a friend that we two should open an e-erotica publishing house, but then we've got 40 years of writing/editing/publishing/graphic design experience between us, know 100s of pro writers & artists to tap for work, and have ties to other pros in the industry to boost marketing and promotion.

For all that, we decided we didn't have the chops quite yet to get serious about it. The paperwork is rather too daunting, yow.

But back to the main topic!

The best thing to do is bookmark the site and wait a year to see what happens.

Are they on schedule, do they have good covers and cover copy with "look inside" samples, do they pick good writing?

In the meantime, sub to established houses.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Still opening "late Fall '13". Last Tw/FB activity was in August.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site gone with no further activity.