Best rejection yet (for me anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraftyCreations411

Registered
Reaction score
During the month of June I sent out roughly 20 queries - not many I know. Of the queries sent, I've gotten nine rejections and two requests for fulls.

Today I got the 9th rejection and it really gives me hope. I just don't know how to do what he says.

=======================================

Agent:
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read and consider Silent No More. I believe this is a significant story and I commend you for sharing your harrowing journey with the world. Unfortunately, it's a type of memoir that I do not specialize in; I recommend you seek out agents with a track record with similar stories.

Good luck and thanks again.

Richard

=======================================

Candy

sarahctt

Registered
Reaction score
LOL! I wonder how you're supposed to go about doing that... Start your query letters with "Can I please ask you about your personal life?..."

Haha :p

CraftyCreations411

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. :D One of the first agents I queried had been an agent for an author that wrote about the military.

Oh well, win a few lose a bundle! ;)

Candy

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Find memoirs dealing with (If I'm remembering your story correctly), women in the military, abuse, don't ask/don't tell, any memoir with a similar (doesn't have to be the same) theme.

Then google each memoir, looking for the agent of record.

I don't know if this is the "right" thing to do, but it's where I would start.

Good luck!

CraftyCreations411

Registered
Reaction score
You're right. It's about being raped in the military. Considering how well "Lauren" is doing, I was hoping that it would help me, and then all of the stories of other women, commanders reversing sentencing, high echelon personnel getting caught, and other things, I figured somebody would want to snap it up. :Shrug: I've had a couple agents tell me how "timely" my story is but . . .

I've got two fulls out now, so I can keep hoping. If not there's still about 400 agents to still query.

I know there's a "Query Letter Hell," I wish there was one for the synopsis and proposal. I still haven't done those. :(

Candy

Status
Not open for further replies.