ETA: Screw it, my dears. Started wordpress blog. HELP please, my Blogger blog is KAPUT, kinda

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
I don't know if anybody can help me. I'm not kidding.

I screwed something up. As usual. I don't know what I did. This a.m., whilst trying to fix a tiny error from yesterday's blog post, I did something. The blog disappeared. I couldn't get it back.

So then I thought, ok, I have MozyHome. I'll pull up an older version and save it. Like, from yesterday. I tried. I don't know what I'm doing, I couldn't figure it out.

Frustration level rose significantly. Then, epiphany! System Restore!! So I sent my computer to a restore date/time of last night, 10:30 p.m. Thinking it would restore my blogs to that point.

Nope.

Then I tried to type a blog. . .WAIT, my frustration level just slid into the RED ZONE. . .:cry:

Try that again. I tried to type a blog today and I can only type in HTML mode. When I click on the Compose mode, I can't type. It won't let me. I click in the box, nothing. I am so frustrated right now. And mad at myself because I know I f**cked something up. . .:Headbang:

Can anybody help me? I shall be so happy if anybody can. . .

Last edited:

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Veinglory, you are so nice to respond to my whining post. BUT, you are asking somebody who barely knows anything. About tech stuff, I mean. When you ask, what is my basic blog set-up, I don't know what you mean. Blogger? My blog may be accessed via my signature line, btw.

Now, here is a new twist. . . I am now off my pc and on my laptop and I can type a new blog post, compose it, no problem. WHA?? Why would I be able to do it from here, and not from there?

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Veinglory, you are so nice to respond to my whining post. BUT, you are asking somebody who barely knows anything. About tech stuff, I mean. When you ask, what is my basic blog set-up, I don't know what you mean. Blogger? My blog may be accessed via my signature line, btw.

Now, here is a new twist. . . I am now off my pc and on my laptop and I can type a new blog post, compose it, no problem. WHA?? Why would I be able to do it from here, and not from there?

I'm also techno-infant, but if you can access your blog and post on a different computer, that is excellent news, because it means what you "did" to make the blog go away only set something wrong on your PC (though I have absolutely no idea what!)

Good luck! I share your frustration, quite often. In the first weeks of blogging I inadvertantly made my blog formatting go away and had no way to retrieve it (though fortunately the blog itself stayed where it was, looking wounded and shattered, until I managed to reformat.)

Good luck again, for good measure. :)

April Days

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I imagine you're using the same browser on both, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Sometimes I have specific issues with Firefox, when IE works just fine - sometimes it's the other way around.

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
April, kylabelle, veinglory. . . I haven't a clue what I did, nor how to fix it. So I started a new blog using wordpress.

Thank you guys very much for responding, even if nothing was figured out. Navigating through techno-hell isn't quite so horrible when one is accompanied by angels.

:Hug2:

-kk

Status
Not open for further replies.