How to write a blog pitch?

the bunny hugger

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I have had some blog posts accepted by a major pet animal website, and going forward they want me to "pitch" blog ideas and give a heading for them before writing them.

I am thinking that for a 800-1000 word post a pitched would be a title and a few sentences outline the topic and what I would say about it. Does that seem about right? Like:

Biodegradable Poop Bag Review

We need to pick up dog waste, but hopefully without burying the planet in plastic. Many people are put off biodegradable bags because they fear they will be flimsy or think they are too expensive. I will review 5 major brands of biodegradable dog waste bags and rate them according to biodegradability, ease of use and cost. This will help dog owners understand which products might meet the needs, their ideals, and their budget!

nerdyglam

Registered
Reaction score
That's how I'd do it. You could always just send them your pitch, and then ask if that's the format they want.

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score

Biodegradable Poop Bag Review

We need to pick up dog waste, but hopefully without burying the planet in plastic. Many people are put off biodegradable bags because they fear they will be flimsy or think they are too expensive. I will review 5 major brands of biodegradable dog waste bags and rate them according to biodegradability, ease of use and cost. This will help dog owners understand which products might meet the needs, their ideals, and their budget!

This is how I'd do it too. I just want to point out you have "the" instead of the first "their". I'd hate for you to send it with a typo.

the bunny hugger

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, and the typo-spotting :)