The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: WritersViews.com

WritersViews.com

Does anybody know anything about this:
    http://writersviews.com/about.php
    ?
    J.L. Benet
    Wolf Hunter - now available on Amazon.com

Proud Literary Sadist justbishop's Avatar
    Either my brain is foggy or there is no true info on the index page as to what it actually IS. Am I supposed to be able to ascertain the site's core purpose from this blurb (which--seeing as how it's on a site called WritersViews.com--made me lol)?

WritersViews is a FREE membership community Website developed to share views and ideas about the essentials of life, love, careers, hobbys, health and nutrition, and politics, of course.

We are grateful to all of you for your participation and involvement in this wonderful community. It has be an amazing ride for me, to have met so many wonderful new people here and I am proud to call all of you, my friends.

With love and admiration,

Olivia J. Gilder
    WIP#1: 52,313/50,000

The Last Three Words: Evernight Teen | Amazon

Disapproving plot bun disapproves. FluffBunny's Avatar
    Third burrow on your left. Your other left.
    Quote Originally Posted by justbishop View Post
    Either my brain is foggy or there is no true info on the index page as to what it actually IS. Am I supposed to be able to ascertain the site's core purpose from this blurb (which--seeing as how it's on a site called WritersViews.com--made me lol)?
    It says right there on the "About" page. They are:

...a chariot of friendship and support...
    You simply can't get more specific than that!

Seriously, though, it looks like it's a forum (if you become a member) with some informational pages tacked onto the front page.

And I'd never seen or heard of it before now, JL_Benet.
    House-rabbits: Can't live without 'em and can't stop 'em from ordering thermonuclear devices off the Internet.

Please check all weapons, weasels and cilantro before entering. Thank you.

A faithful friend & a good library AphraB's Avatar
    A chariot of friendship and support.

What does that mean?

A chariot doesn't hold that many people. You have the driver and the bowman. Good luck with that.

Proud Literary Sadist justbishop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by triceretops View Post
    A chariot doesn't hold that many people. You have the driver and the bowman. Good luck with that.
    You forgot the third and most important passenger...the friendship!

ETA: Oh yeah, and the support. That can just find a spot on the floorboard wherever.
    WIP#1: 52,313/50,000

The Last Three Words: Evernight Teen | Amazon

Sockpuppet
    Has anyone tried to register there? I filled out the registration form about two weeks ago and got a message that my membership would be confirmed in less than a week. Now a week past their own deadline and I haven't heard anything from them at all.

Uh, the chariot is full?

JKidding, PRdavid. Did you give them a followup email? Perhaps they're on FB or Twitter. You can light 'em up there.

tri

Sockpuppet
    Quote Originally Posted by triceretops View Post
    Uh, the chariot is full?

JKidding, PRdavid. Did you give them a followup email? Perhaps they're on FB or Twitter. You can light 'em up there.

tri
    Three follow up e-mails and not so much as the courtesy of a note saying they have received any of my previous contact attempts and will get back to me.

Maybe they have maxed out membership or something? Who knows. But at this point I am less likely to follow-up and visit the site if they should activate my membership because of the lack of communication.

Sockpuppet
    OK. I just checked out their facebook page. Make that a definite "oh hell no" if they ever get around to activating my membership request.

https://www.facebook.com/WritersViews?fref=ts

I can tell right away that I am about as compatible with those folks as a lit match and the fuse on a stick of dynamite.

Write. Write. Writey Write Write. mrsmig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PRDavid View Post
    OK. I just checked out their facebook page. Make that a definite "oh hell no" if they ever get around to activating my membership request.

https://www.facebook.com/WritersViews?fref=ts

I can tell right away that I am about as compatible with those folks as a lit match and the fuse on a stick of dynamite.
    I looked at their Facebook page, too. Can't quite figure out what they're all about or to whom they're supposed to appeal. Their links, ostensibly about writing, feature half-naked women and cuddly couples. There are links to articles about bamboo bedding. There's also a comic about women and Valentine's Day that I found offensive.

No interest from this corner. And I'm not about to click on any of those links, either. It looks like Spam City.
    Last edited by mrsmig; 07-13-2013 at 05:20 AM.
    KINGLET: Coming in August 2017 from Fiery Seas Publishing!
    FISKUR: Releasing November 2017 from Fiery Seas!

My Website:
    www.donnamigliaccio.com

And the occasional Tweet.

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    That Facebook pages is... off-putting.
    Emily Veinglory

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Was active into Spring '16, but home page currently borked, and subpages' formatting and content reverted to '12.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: