• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Wicked Book Promotions

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
For $20 you get 12 Amazon/Goodreads reviews. I would be very concerned that the reviews in that package would be obviously fake, and possibly damage the reputation of the author. This could get you flagged on Amazon and openly mocked and black-shelved on Goodreads. I mean, these would have to be fake profiles posting about books they have not read.

The numbers they are touting make me wonder what community or list they are "selling" access to, whether those people are real and how they will reacted to being used in this way. What twitter lists, what is the "Kindle Fire Community Page"[FONT=Gill Sans MT, sans-serif].
[/FONT]

ViariRose

Registered
Reaction score
Only 7 days out? That's what I would be concerned with. That is not enough time at all for that kind of service. For twenty bucks? Most likely their all accounts controlled by him. Without even reading the book he could give you a glowing review, or he could give you the worst review, and instead of helping you, that would be hurting you.

As a blogger, I am a host to several tour companies. For this one there isn't any relevant information, you want the twitter links, you want the facebooks links, you want to see how many of these "tours" he's done before. This is a very bare site, it probably took all of ten minutes to put up.

Go with a solid tour company that will give you the package that's right for you. There are a few I can think of off the top of my head.

FluffBunny

Disapproving plot bun disapproves.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Third burrow on your left. Your other left.
Their site is causing stomach-roiling. 800,000 Twitter followers? Where? I can't find them listed at Twitter. And how long will those followers last if their feed is clogged with what's essentially spam?

The "exclusive Kindle Fire User Group" is not exactly "exclusive". Anyone can hit "like" on the page and get the posts in their feed. "A brief post"--does that translate as, "I'll post the name of your book on their wall! I'm sure all 7,362 people that have liked the page will run out and buy it!!!"?

Paid-for "likes" on FB and paid-for reviews? Just...no. Don't. Please. How can you tell paid reviews? They look like this: "I rilly lvd this buk!!!111elventy!" They're not hard to spot. Especially when you see the same review posted 12 times under different names and each has a total post count of 1. When I see a review like that, I laugh and put the book into my personal, "Maybe, if I was desperate and there was a free copy sitting in the waiting room of a hospital, I might read the back cover. Maybe." list.

Save your money.

FluffBunny

Disapproving plot bun disapproves.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Third burrow on your left. Your other left.
What twitter lists, what is the "Kindle Fire Community Page"[FONT=Gill Sans MT, sans-serif].
[/FONT]

I gave them the benefit of the doubt and picked the biggest one--the Kindle Fire User Group with 7,362 likes currently. It could be the Kindle FIRE users, who have 47 likes or the much more exclusive Kindle Fire Users with 3 likes. No way of knowing, really. *shakes head sadly*

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Three years on, there's no trace of them outside webpage, which is unchanged.