• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Cerebro Press

FluffBunny

Disapproving plot bun disapproves.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Third burrow on your left. Your other left.
Must be a pretty new publisher--they list only the one book and state that it's "coming soon to your favorite retailer".

No listing in QueryTracker or P&E. Website's registered through a privacy service. Their "About Us" page doesn't say much about the people behind it and/or their experience in publishing.

Biggest red flag for the print side of things is this from the order page:

Bulk orders must be greater than five copies, and returns are not accepted.

(bolding added) That alone would keep me from submitting. If they did accept returns, I'd still wait a couple years and see how things shake out.

FluffBunny

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just noticed this on their submissions page:

Your novel is fiction. We are not accepting non-fiction submissions at this time.

(bolding added) Well, yes, I'd certainly hope so. :Shrug: I was happy to see that they referred to "non-fiction submissions"; had they called them, "non-fiction novels" I might have thrown things.

ETA: Okay, hold the phone. I just checked their FB page. Among Us, the only book listed on their website, the one that was listed as "coming soon", was posted on their FB page as a signed deal on July 16, 2011. 2 years? 2 years to publish a book? 2 years to publish their only book? Yikes.

Last edited:

paulcosca

The Paulest of all Coscas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.paulcosca.com
Perhaps it is the most well edited book...in the world. (Feel free to hear Jeremy Clarkson right there).

Oh...maybe not. In actually looking at "Among Us", which is the only book they've apparently ever signed, I giggled at my desk when I saw the book cover. If that cover wasn't made in MS Paint, I will eat my hat. And your hat. ALL HATS. I will eat all hats.

FluffBunny

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
If I had a 10-gallon hat, FluffBunny, I'd give it to you if you'd let me boop your rabbit's nose.

FluffBunny

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's something you'll have to take up with His Nibs. Nose-petting, he loves. Nose-booping, not so much. It's hard to resist doing, though, in spite of the perils of bunny disapproval. *boops!* bunny-nose for Alice.

paulcosca

The Paulest of all Coscas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.paulcosca.com
Yeah, my rabbit loves the nose pets, but not so big a fan of the nose boops.

She prefers them even less when the cat is the one doing the booping. She tends to boop pretty aggressively.

FluffBunny

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My guess is not. No posts to CP's FB page since 2011. No updates to their single author's webpage since 2011. I'm doubtful their silence is due to pining for the fjords. :)

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
The press seems to be out of business and the book doesn't seem to be available, but I like the cover! I don't know how it was created, but I think it's an interesting illustration, especially paired with the (unpublished) sequel cover. To each her own.