Old School word processor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

skelly

Kickin it old school, posers beware
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure where this goes so I'll start here. I use DarkRoom and want to use those old plain text editor conventions to indicate italics, bold-face, etc. _Italics_. Like that. Does anyone know of a site that has a list of that stuff? I cannot remember all of them.

Bold face. How do you indicate bold face?

Thanks.

OH! and to make a thread of it...

Does anyone else prefer old or minimalist WP's, and if so, what do you use?

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
You're talking about proofreaders' marks. The mark for bold is a squiggly line under the word you want bolded. This is one mark I've never used in fiction, so I don't know whether DarkRoom is capable of this, or not.

Deleted member 42

*bold*

You might be interested in MarkDown; it's not a word processor, it's a way of using tags lik *bold* and _italics_ to format text.

Markdown syntax

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
What you're looking for is Ascii commands. This is a good source. Just scroll down to "Text"

Also, this list of Ascii symbols is recognized by most keyboards

I do prefer minimalist word processors. I continue to use WordPerfect because I can format it in Settings to emulate the earliest keyboard they have--WP 5.2. That allows me to use the F keys and set up text macros to retrieve styles and formats, since I dislike most of the ones they use.

Last edited:

skelly

Kickin it old school, posers beware
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you. *bold*. That and _italics_ should get me were I need to go. Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.