My first project

Juan Merlot

Rookie
Registered
Reaction score
Noob writer here to nourish my creativity.

Hello all! I'm a noob writer, so I hope I have come to the "write" place. I haven't written anything longer than an email since my college days- in the 1980's. I'm looking forward to feedback from the community to help improve my writing skills.

My real name isn't Juan, but I do have a taste for Merlot. My family and I live in the desert southwest. We are transplanted snowbirds from Ohio. That makes me a life long Buckeye's football fan!

I am enslaved in the stifling corporate rat race, Brooks Brothers suit and all. My soul cries out for release from this pin stripped hell. So here I am; to nourish my creativity, and refresh my spirit in the process.

I have read most of the stickies here on the noob page and browsed a few other topics. I found the thread about using excel to organize ideas very helpful.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

:welcome:

AW is a huge place, and there's a lot of information to be found here. Take your time and browse around to get a feel of the various forums.

And don't forget to check out the Newbie Guide. Enjoy your stay. :)

F.L.N

The Old Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Juan Merlot,

Welcome to AW!

I'm a Zin man myself but a good Merlot is okay especially with a BBQ steak!

I did something of a reverse. I grew up in the southwest now I live in the snowy northwest. Worked in the high tech industry for many years. Suit not required most of the time.

As a rule, people here are friendly. Enjoy!!

tinker

Winging it!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, Juan!

The beauty of literature is its ability to take you far away from the "pin striped misery" of your every day life. Good luck with your writing and enjoy the forum.
:welcome:

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. It's never to late to start writing. You have indeed come to the "write" place.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Juan Merlot

Rookie
Registered
Reaction score
Juan Merlot,

Welcome to AW!

I'm a Zin man myself but a good Merlot is okay especially with a BBQ steak!

I did something of a reverse. I grew up in the southwest now I live in the snowy northwest. Worked in the high tech industry for many years. Suit not required most of the time.

As a rule, people here are friendly. Enjoy!!
Thanks! I like the heat of the desert much better than icy cold winters of the Midwest.

Jim Riley

Louisiana: Sportsman's Paradise
Registered
Reaction score
Juan,

Welcome to AW. There are cures for being an Ohio State fan. Watch the two latest NC games they were in. Just kidding.

Good Luck
Jim

Ray-blaze

Registered
Reaction score
Hey... Merlot? Haha. Enjoy the stay and feel free to express the creativity.

F.L.N

The Old Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! I like the heat of the desert much better than icy cold winters of the Midwest.

They say it's a dry cold but I don't care, cold is cold. I love it up here in the Great Northwest. It's green and wet. I figure, with global warming...
icon7.gif

Juan Merlot

Rookie
Registered
Reaction score
This place is awesome!

I've spent quite some time browsing the forums in sponge mode. Its hard to keep track of all the great advice here. I would have never thought to use excel to help organize my writing. Kudos to everyone!