Hey guys!

iamjoey

original badman
Registered
Reaction score
So let's cut to the chase. My name is Joey (but you may call me Joe or Joseph or Josephine if you really like) and I'm a 22 year old male from Bristol, UK! I've been a big reader of novels (and a fan of story telling in general, really) for a long time and I've always wanted to give writing my own stuff a try, because I have a LOT of creative ideas floating around my head at any one moment, I've just always felt like I would have issues putting these ideas into action.

But lately I've finally given it a shot and I'm steadily getting into my groove, so I thought that joining a nice big community like this would be a great way to learn from some talented people and hopefully soon enough I'll feel ready to share some of my own work.

A little sight into the stuff I read.. I'm a huge Jim Butcher fan, and that will probably be painfully obvious when I post my first stuff, because I draw a lot of inspiration from the Dresden Files. Also I've read Brent Week's Night Angel trilogy countless times, as well as Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy and Peter V Brett's stuff too. Fantasy aside, I'm also a big fan of post-apocalyptic stuff like The Road or I Am Legend, and so on.

So yeah! I'm definitely aiming to be a very active member here, so without further hesitation, allow me to introduce my face, conveniently dressed as a cat:

MKfMKnwl.jpg

Come say hi!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Violets

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Joey, welcome to the water cooler...I love the cat costume :D

AddiG

Dumb blonde :)
Registered
Reaction score

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

:welcome:

AW is a huge place, and there's a lot of information to be found here. Take your time and browse around to get a feel of the various forums.

And don't forget to check out the Newbie Guide. Enjoy your stay. :)

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Joey. Butcher, Sanderson, and Weeks are some of my favorites. I like Brett too, though I feel like his series started out really strong and has declined with each book.

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW! See my video below - you've come to the best possible place to learn all about writing! :)