AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Renaissance Romance Publishing

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin teatime2310's Avatar

Renaissance Romance Publishing

Hi I'm new to absolute witers and I really love the forum so far very helpful but I can't find anything on renaissance romance publishing. They are one of the publishers I'm looking into and talking to about my new romance MS. Does anyone know anything about them? Worked with them heard of them? If this is the wrong place to post this I am sorry.

renaissanceromancepublishing.com
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 02-11-2016 at 10:25 PM. Reason: breaking link
    Jenniferlkane.weebly.com

Disapproving plot bun disapproves. FluffBunny's Avatar
    Third burrow on your left. Your other left.
    Their webpage lists their staff as:

Michele Richard, media outreach (and the registrant on their domain).

Lisa Bilbrey, distribution.

Laura Braley, imaging manager.

I'm not sure if one of them is doubling up on editing, or if there's other staff, or...?

Submission guidelines are here - renaissanceromancepublishing.com/submissions They state that:

...stories depicting sexual intimacy will be given a rating based on the level of sexual content,...
    but there's no mention of what the ratings are or what criteria they use to determine the rating. They also state:

...we will provide the following: A fully edited manuscript, having gone through a substantive and polish edit...
    I'm no editor, but reading posts by our resident editors led me to believe "normal" editing was a little more involved than that. Is "a substantive and polish edit" one pass through the editing process or two separate passes?
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 02-11-2016 at 10:26 PM. Reason: breaking link
    House-rabbits: Can't live without 'em and can't stop 'em from ordering thermonuclear devices off the Internet.

Please check all weapons, weasels and cilantro before entering. Thank you.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin teatime2310's Avatar
    Thank you, I was a little unsure of them and a second pair of eyes with a bit more experience really helps.
    Jenniferlkane.weebly.com

I clicked through to a sample of one of their titles. It wasn't badly written, but the myriad comma errors were not impressive.
    http://www.staciakane.com

FIVE DOWN, a Downside anthology, available now!
    Four previously published short stories and one brand new novella, together in one volume.

Click here for more details.

WRONG WAYS DOWN available now!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    FYI, I broke the URL above because of hack/virus warnings. An old site is here: http://renaissanceromancepu.wix.com/...nce-publishing

Relatively recent activity at Smashwords, and FB resumed after a year lull, but note the complaints in their Reviews.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: