• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking a beta reader for a fantasy novel. Trades welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGolem

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings. My name is Perry Watson, and as I have just recently completed the second draft of my novel, Flight of the Archmage, I am now seeking the input of some beta readers before I go looking for an agent.

Here is the elevator pitch of my novel:
"When the Archmage Saphelo flees the Empire under mysterious circumstances, his young apprentice, Liana, is tasked with tracking him down, unaware of the political forces within the Empire that would like to see him stay missing."

Though there is, by necessity, a certain degree of political intrigue, I consider the novel to be mainly an adventure. I would also warn to any potential readers that my work has some stern words for religious faith, and there is also a lesbian romantic subplot. For this reason, I would especially like a lesbian to beta read my work, as their perspective would be invaluable in determining if I have treated the issue with the care it deserves.

Now on to specifics: the current draft of my novel is roughly 92,000 words long. I would prefer a line-by-line critique, but as I realize this may be impractical, a scene-by-scene critique is acceptable. I am capable of taking harsh criticism, and would prefer honest, unbiased critique. I also understand the importance of reciprocity, and if anyone is willing to beta read my work, I would be willing to beta read theirs.

If you wish to sample my work before committing to a beta reading, here is a link to the first 1,000 words, posted in the Share Your Work forum: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8227082#post8227082

For anyone interested in becoming a beta reader for me, either post below or send me a private message. Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.