Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Yahoo! and analytics query

# + ! = ?

Yahoo! and analytics query

When I link to a news story on Yahoo!, accompanying the story in the computer's webpage history is "analytics.query.yahoo.com":http://analytics.query.yahoo.com/v1/...mpressed=0This link goes to an "http bad request" page. Can someone tell me what analytics query is?

The grimflits are out to get me Matera the Mad's Avatar
    There's a tracking code, from javascript on the site. Yahoot blesses its users with the ability to find out where you've been and where you're going.

I don't have any examples handy, but when I have this kind of problem with copied URLs, I examine them before pasting. Often a little judicious pruning can remove tracking codes included in the URL and leave a clean link. Paste links into Notepad first and prepare for an educational experience.

Everyone should learn a little URL anatomy.
    Inspiration can be as destructive as any other form of fire.

# + ! = ?
    I figured they were minding my business. When I got the day's TV listings on TitanTV yesterday I noticed something similar by Google flash by on the status bar, although it did not show itself in the history tab.

The grimflits are out to get me Matera the Mad's Avatar
    Yep. Some of those subliminally fast statusbar flashbys are tracking. The rest are ads, cookie deposition, and godnose what-all else that is writhing and spawning in the hyperswamp of a webpage. Scary.
    Inspiration can be as destructive as any other form of fire.