They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
On a happier note..

Nine Worlds Geekfest is a new con. And it looks awesome. It's run by (IIRC and not limited to) the guy who does the Lodon film festival. And a few people decided, hey. Lots of countries have really BIG SFF cons. We need one. It began n a kickstarter that was massively oversubscribed.

And now we have:

A SF and Fantasy film festival
A book track (series of events)
Tracks on board gaming, video gaming, creative writing, Geek feminism, Star Trek, Steampunk, Discworld, Tolkien, Dr Who, Queer fandom...

You should come if you can. You really, really should

Also Chris Barrie will be in attendance, and when the world ends you'll know it's because we caused a paradox by being in the same place at the same time, resetting the universe to factory conditions

JFitchett92

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds interesting, although I'm not sure I'll be able to make it. August isn't far away and I'm your average skint student :p

Would like to get into doing conventions one day...

Alexandra Little

What a desolation.
Registered
Reaction score
And they couldn't have done this when I was in the UK? *sadface* will pass on to my London friends.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
I hope there will be a writing workshop similar to the one at previous Eastercons, trying to set it up now.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Just to note that there will be a free writers workshop at this con (as Waylander posted elsewhere and upthread), where you can get your work critted by a London based writers group (which includes, but is not limited to myself and Waylander, Shara and Broadswordbabe, though I'm not 100% on who's included in critting as yet! I will be though)

And it's not much more than/about the same cost as most other cons, only looking to be a fair bit bigger

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Still places in the writing workshop.
Come and find out who we really are

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
They have said they'll open up day tickets nearer the time (provided they aren't all booked up -- there's a limit to how many people the site can hold!) which should be substantially cheaper.

Day tickets available at £42.50 a day.
Might be able to make it for a day - staying over's a tad expensive in London for three days to be possible.
With the train, that's still some £60 for the day, more with food and drink I guess. Have to have a look at what's on which day and see. Might be worth it just to see if I can get that Francis Knight to sign my copy of her book. I hear she's going to be around. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.