• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Reuts Publications

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted over a year ago, after receiving a full request from them and never heard back.

Channy

Me Gusta
Registered
Reaction score
Any updates on them? They've got really solid covers and web prescence... but still a bit confused on the end profit/royalty program. They've been interacting during recent pitch parties and I got a fav from one of the editors there.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
They've had my full ms. for a year and a half now. It's a joke. They responded to all my nudges (last one in January) and said they are still looking at it and that they respond to all submissions. I pretty much gave up on them.

UnbearableLight

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted a manuscript to Reuts on 6/26 after Ms. Whipkey favored my pitch during a twitter contest this June. No word back at this time. Their form acknowledgment notes a 10 - 12 week waiting period and promises a non-form response.

thieleas

Registered
Reaction score
I'm with Undercover. I've had a full out with Reuts going on 17 months now. The initial request promised a 6-12 month response time. In communicating with some of their clients, I have learned that some who submitted after me have since received offers. So just because our wait has been rather lengthy, it doesn't necessarily mean everyone's will be similar. Who knows, maybe we've been lost in a maybe pile somewhere all this time. They are closed to submissions while they catch up, so hopefully we'll be hearing something soon.

Lora Palmer

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted on 3/11 after my twitter pitch was favorited. Hopefully this time of being closed to submissions will help them catch up. Here's to hearing something soon!

Last edited:

authorMAF

Registered
Reaction score
Website
authormaf.com
I submitted to them November 3rd, 2015 - but if I remember correctly, it's about a 12-week waiting period.

At one point, my manuscript ended up being edited my a writer friend of mine (caught some mistakes!), so I emailed REUTS asking if I could resubmit and it wasn't a problem at all - very professional and nice!

Submitted Query + first 10 pages - went to In-Progress about a week after :)

UnbearableLight

Registered
Reaction score
I actually haven't received any response on mine. I sent a nudge. If I hear anything, I'll update my post.

e: Received a response yesterday. Looks like they're behind in their slush pile. Mine was requested by their acquisitions editor, though... At least it's not a flat rejection! Will update if I receive more news.

Last edited:

JustWonderin

Registered
Reaction score
Are wait times still long? Has anyone who has been waiting heard anything?

UnbearableLight

Registered
Reaction score

Well, it's been two months since they responded to my nudge, and I still haven't heard anything. In June it'll be a full year. It seems a little strange, since they had promised a significantly shorter response time, but huge delays seem pretty common even with manuscripts that've been requested. I don't know what to think, so I'm just working on other books and putting it out of my mind for now.

thieleas

Registered
Reaction score

They've had my full for 2 years. I'll be honest, I've pretty much lost hope that anything will come of this. They promise to provide feedback regardless, so I might end up revisiting this MS eventually; but for now, I've moved on to other projects.

JustWonderin

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I think they need to get on their site and change the wording. Honestly, part of the appeal of subbing to them was the promise of feedback. It looks like that won't be happening.

UnbearableLight

Registered
Reaction score
Sent in a nudge. It's literally two weeks shy of a year since I sent in the sub (6/27/2015), which was requested by Ms. Whipkey.

e: 7/1 - no response to my nudge.

e. 2/1 - nudge wasn't ever responded to, received a form R late 1/2017.

Last edited:

JustWonderin

Registered
Reaction score
Have they responded to anyone? Are they still publishing? I have 0 interest in working with them anymore and they've had my MS for a year now but I am just wondering. I haven't deleted it because I'm just curious if they'll ever decline it.

I hope people aren't still buying into their "we respond to everyone" lie. And it's fine, they don't have to, but take it off your site!

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Have they responded to anyone? Are they still publishing? I have 0 interest in working with them anymore and they've had my MS for a year now but I am just wondering. I haven't deleted it because I'm just curious if they'll ever decline it.

I hope people aren't still buying into their "we respond to everyone" lie. And it's fine, they don't have to, but take it off your site!

Exactly! I had a poor experience with them too and because of that, I no longer submit any more work to them.

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
Like so many others, I subbed to them a while back and followed up once they'd passed the three months mark. Got a response they were running behind. Followed up at six months. Another, "Sorry, we're running behind." Shortly after that they put up the note on their site that they would no longer respond to requests for status updates. When I had another offer on the manuscript, they told me they wouldn't be able to look at mine in time to make a decision so "best of luck" and all that. If anything, based on this I'd worry they're very inefficient. Maybe they're lovely people, and maybe things have changed in the year or so since I queried them, but that was my experience. FWIW.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
They favourited two of my pitches in recent Twitter contests but I'm not submitting to them. I seek agent representation, but even if I wanted a publisher for this project, after reading this thread I would run a mile!

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
I have no dealings with them as a writer, but as a reader I've been getting a bit frustrated with them. There are multiple books on their site that I've been waiting on since there were announced more than a year ago, that were scheduled for release this year, that don't even have covers yet.

Their social media is all about their sub windows and pitch event critiques, and there's very little there about recent releases, with no Black Friday sales or Bookbub deals. There's barely even anything about their books, just look at their Twitter. They're focusing on attracting writers far and above book-buyers, and they're doing nothing to encourage anyone to buy their books. If I want to just buy their books there's no point following their social media, I'll just get swamped with posts not geared at me.

It's troubling.

Last edited:

Lakini

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted a month ago after a "like" in a pitch contest. Yesterday, I withdrew my submission due to concerns raised here (I know, I should have researched first, subbed after). Ashley from REUTS reached out to me and addressed every concern I put forth. She was very professional and friendly, even going as far as to send me a sample contract. She didn't pressure me at all since I told her that I wanted to hunt for an agent, but she told me that I'm free to resubmit with or without an agent. I very much appreciate the patience and professionalism she exhibited, and I very well may submit again in the future.

JustWonderin

Registered
Reaction score
Did anyone else get that email regarding a MS you sent in 2 years ago?

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
These people are ridiculously slow with everything, a horrible sign your book will never see the end of light.

Lakini, you say just because she jumped at your email because you wanted to withdraw your submission only shows more red flags. Why are they jumping back so quickly wanting your submission still? Maybe because of this thread they are losing more and more submissions. I wouldn't even think of resubmitting to them. This is your opportunity to look for a much better publisher then Reuts.

Last edited:

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
One trend I keep seeing over and over: these somewhat to outright flaky publishers posting like mad on social media pitch contests, and setting themselves up as expert judges for same. Or being tangentially featured when one of their authors has a blog interview or cover reveal of the 'I succeeded, you can too!' variety.

I'm tired of it but I won't confront it directly. Every author has their own metric for 'success'. But that's one reason why I no longer do blog hops without vetting every single author in that prospective chain. Too much vanity-publishing, bad self-publishing, or awkward small-press publishing.