Meet one high school's newly voted cutest couple

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
I suspect ROTC is so well known (if not as "Reserve Officers Training Corps," at least as "the high school army class thing" and has been around for many decades that it doesn't need to be spelled out, and they might not ever think to spell it out ("ROTC" might seem like a single word like "Glee"). When you said "I wondered if that was done on purpose" I was thinking if you wondered if the school ADMINISTRATION had made them use the initials only, rather than the group members themselves trying to be uncontroversial. I've heard of gay-straight alliances in high schools (they didn't have them when I went to high school or college), but if I didn't see the full name I probably wouldn't connect GSA to it and wouldn't know what GSA is. General Student Association?

Such organizations often have banners that people can carry in parades and things, and they would be holding it, or having it behind and above their heads, in a yearbook picture. Perhaps they didn't have a banner, perhaps they didn't think to get it out for the picture, perhaps they weren't allowed...

I didn't think it was the group members themselves. The high school is a small public one and seems to be a safe place for the LBGT students, so I don't think the group members would have felt like they needed to cover it up. I was thinking either the administration or the yearbook adviser(s) or yearbook editorial staff themselves. I'm going to ask one of the adult advisers the next chance I have and see what they say.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
^Maybe it's just a space thing? I remember being on the yearbook staff in junior high, and sometimes we had to cut things down for random stuff like that. Especially if it's a small school, that can happen.