• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

PENDIUM Publishing House / Soul Disclosure / Pearlstone

Kida Adelyne

Me got zero cookies!
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about soul disclosure (soludisclosure.com) A friend of mine submitted to them a really bad poem, because she wasn't sure if they were a scam or not. They accepted. Were trying to figure out if they're a scam, clueless, or have really bad taste. Any opinions?

-Ally

Richard

13th Triskaidekaphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcobbett.co.uk
Looks like just YABPOD (Yet Another Bloody Print On Demand) to me - the prices, talking about books being in bookstores, but then holding up things like an ISBN and Ingram listing as a paid-for extra. Here's a bit that particularly caught my eye:

In addition, PENDIUM PUBLISHING allows our authors to recoup any minimal investment placed in any optional author interest by allowing them to receive 100% royalties on all bookstore sales within the first 90 days and 80% on all sales thereafter.

Bookstore sales? When Ingram has to be paid by the author? A cynic might suggest that the numbers are so small on that channel as to not be worth even caring about.

As for the compo, saying that you don't have to buy books to enter is all very well, but it looks very much like a competition that's going to sell copies to the entrants first and foremost ("Who wouldn't want a copy of their work to hand down to their grandkids?")

Last edited: