Writing critique

Status
Not open for further replies.

joehempel

Registered
Reaction score
Hopefully this is the right place to put this. I'm taking the plunge and putting myself out there.

I'm putting a chapter out at a time in order to help my writing. I'm taking tips from people to help form the craft better and make things work together.

I have the first two chapters out (first chapter is first person present tense, took suggestions and made the second chapter first person past tense) and would love to get feedback.

Both chapters can be found at the top of my blog www.topoftheheapreviews.com

It's called Marathon of Fear (tentatively, I really have no idea what it will be called).

Thank you for any advice!

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Hey Joe, the right place would be Share Your Work forum.

There's a 50 posts requirement before you can post anything for feedback, see here (reasons are explained):

Starting new threads in SYW - minimum post count requirement Password if prompted = vista

Asking members to check out chapters offsite, not cool. But that's their choice.

-Derek

joehempel

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much!

I've been lurking a bit, but not posting as I don't feel that I have anything to contribute that other more experienced folks do.

Sorry if it broke protocol regarding posting it off site. It was the easiest way to get it to as many people for critique that I could think of.

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
Thank you so much!

I've been lurking a bit, but not posting as I don't feel that I have anything to contribute that other more experienced folks do.

Sorry if it broke protocol regarding posting it off site. It was the easiest way to get it to as many people for critique that I could think of.

Hi Joe. Read the newbie stickies. Read the SYW stickies. There's a lot to learn here, you shall be dazed and amazed.

About not posting due to lack of experience. Screw that, Joe. There is no better way to get to your 50 than by posting. No better way to improve your own writing than to critique somebody else's. Everybody has something they can bring to the table, you're a writer, you have a sense of what works and what doesn't. Your fellow writers welcome your thoughts and suggestions. Any critique is subjective and yours will be no different, and writers will always have the option of considering what you say, or not considering what you say, so it's win, win, and win some more.

This isn't a "sink or swim" scenario. It's more a case of testing the waters, getting your feet wet. Hope to see you around the boards.

:)

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
Thank you so much!

pfft...I've got 4000 posts under my belt by having nothing to contribute. But I sure do love the sound of my keyboard.

Welcome! Stick around! We'd love to hear more from you!

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
pfft...I've got 4000 posts under my belt by having nothing to contribute. But I sure do love the sound of my keyboard.

Welcome! Stick around! We'd love to hear more from you!

I wouldn't call adorable baby pig avatars not contributing. We all need to fill our daily "Awwwww" quotas!

joehempel

Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't call adorable baby pig avatars not contributing. We all need to fill our daily "Awwwww" quotas!

The twist is that when you get close enough to say "Awwww" the pig eats your face with bacon fangs

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That evokes an entirely different kind of "Awww," don't you think?

Maryn, glad to see you stuck around

Status
Not open for further replies.