#Pitmad

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
It's a second agent in the same agency? I would tweet the #pitmad agent and explain that the first is looking at another book of yours. She may say send it anyway (it's their agency, so if they're cool with that, you don't have to worry), she may poke the first and either look at the mystery or encourage the first to hurry up, or she may say to wait until the first answers. I've had this situation while chatting with an agent who thought my novels sounded interesting, but a fellow agent at her agency had my novel already.

Totally different agent for the YA book.

I think I might be safe to query the new agent. I just love the other two so much and they kinda like me, too. We just haven't found the book for them... yet.

Thanks, guys!

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
I got a favourite for my YA from a Canadian agency that has some well-known clients. I'm hesitating because my adult mystery is being considered by two other agents. Would I be stepping on toes by querying the new agent, when one of the agents on my hook actually read the YA and might rep it if she accepts my adult mystery?

I'm probably overthinking this and should just send the YA query to the Pitmad agent.

I don't think it's wrong to do this.

Even if it were for one of the MS being considered now, there's nothing wrong with continuing to query new agents with the project unless you've promised them you wouldn't. If an agent wants an exclusive on a full, they'll usually tell you.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, if it's a totally different agency, there's no problem with querying them.

romancewriter

Registered
Reaction score
I got three requests through PitMad. One from an agent that says she doesn't rep romance, and mine is romance. She doesn't have much of a sale record, her website only has one book, a non fic, so I'm not going her waste her time or mine. The other agent I read on a thread here that they told a submitter to have their sub professionally edited, and they could recommend someone if the author didn't know one. The thread is a few years old, but a look at the website didn't impress me. Their sub info is very sparse, none of the books seem even close to mine. Probably won't bother with that one either. The third was from Entangled and as someone mentioned previously in this thread, yes, Entangled is very romance based. I don't think light romance will cut it with Entangled. I believe it's in their guidelines, however my story is romance, so that one I did go for.

Belle_91

With her nose stuck in a book
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, gang. I've done the #pitmad stuff before (I found a little bit of success). Anyways, while searching for the next #pitmad date for a different MS, I came across this thing called Pitch Madness. It looks like it's different from #pitmad, but I'm still a little confused by it. Has anyone done this one before? It's on Feb. 24th and you have submit(?) a 35 word max pitch (it doesn't say tweet) along with the first 250 words.

Then the #pitmad party will be on March 23rd. Just wondering if anyone has had any expirance and/or advice.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Pitch Madness is related to #pitmad, as #pitmad was the twitter pitch party that came after the original Pitch Madness contest. My guess would be that you can still find details about it on Brenda Drake's blog