APPLE-MACBOOK PRO-13" W/RETINA DISPLAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScribeLady

Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying the13" Apple MacBook Pro with Retina display. It will be the first time in years that I'll be investing in a new laptop. Does anyone have experience with it? I'm just wondering if I should wait until the new one comes out with the Haswell chip although the only benefit that I know of is that it provides a few more house of battery life.

What about the MacBook Air? Anyone have experience with that?

I'll finally be ditching my aged Powerbook G4, which I loved!

Any thoughts?

Scribelady

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying the13" Apple MacBook Pro with Retina display. It will be the first time in years that I'll be investing in a new laptop. Does anyone have experience with it?

I have the 15" rMBP and I love it. Best laptop I've ever owned. The only downside is you will hate looking at any other computer screen after you get used to it.

I'd love a 13" rMBP if it had more memory and quad-core CPU (both important for my work), since it's basically my ideal form factor.

I'm just wondering if I should wait until the new one comes out with the Haswell chip although the only benefit that I know of is that it provides a few more house of battery life.

I'd say it's definitely worth waiting for Haswell since it's so close. Not only for the power benefits, but for the graphics performance. You don't have a discrete GPU in the 13" version, and you're driving over four million pixels. Haswell should have much better graphics capability and cope with the retina resolution much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.