Super Creative Thesaurus forum for the word "Creepy"

nelehjr

Green as the meadow grass
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teenink.com
So this is begining to drive me mad. What is another word for creepy?! Or creepin'. Like when your facebook stalking somone. Creepy right? Yeah, the word "creep" is horribly over used! I spend much to much time soicial networking so I might as well be the one to start something new.:Soapbox: A lil' help'd be much appricated. Please and thank you :)

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
Like when your facebook stalking somone.

If you're describing someone who is creeping on others on FB, maybe a good word would be predatory. If you mean creepy in a more general sense, I'd suggest maybe disquieting or unsettling.

anne_tedeton

Registered
Reaction score
In terms of the offending party's behavior? Shady, freakish, unnerving.

As far as descibing the offending party...Creepy McCreeperson is still a classic :D But lurker/stalker works fine, too.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
When I was in college, all the students from one particular school used the word "sketchy."

Actually they overused it, in their valley-girlesque accents, to the point that I began to detest the word itself, but it does function as a good substitute for "creepy."

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
Eerie? Uncanny? Unsettling? Unnerving? Disturbing? Disquieting? Disconcerting? Ominous? These are each slighting different, but I hope one will work for you.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Note that the original post was from 2013. Hopefully the OP has found the correct word since then.