Can't Access Search Feature for the Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
Hi wonderful AW techies. I can't access the search feature for the forums. I've been able to do this in the past, but not now. Is it me (and my sucky dialup) or perhaps a broken link? Anyone else having this problem?

TIA!
EM

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Both the search features seem to be working for me.

Both, you say? Yeah, baby! The Search in the blue bar up top is the one I used exclusively for several years, but it's a fact that the Google Custom Search at the lower left corner of every page is better.

Which doesn't address your basic question at all (typical, since I'm not at all technically talented), but might present an alternative for you to try.

Maryn, who'll keep you company until those in the know arrive

Deleted member 42

Hi wonderful AW techies. I can't access the search feature for the forums. I've been able to do this in the past, but not now. Is it me (and my sucky dialup) or perhaps a broken link? Anyone else having this problem?

TIA!
EM

You should be able to use Google search; see the bottom of any forum page, on the left.

Searching threads isn't working right because the index is being rebuilt, but you should be able to search posts.

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
I never noticed the google search at the bottom! Probably because I've never scrolled down that far. <g>

I actual did what you suggested but backward. I searched google for the agent I wanted to check out through AW, scrolled down until I saw an AW link and found my way to the thread I wanted.

I'm sure the link here at AW is better and quicker. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. :)

Deleted member 42

I never noticed the google search at the bottom! Probably because I've never scrolled down that far. <g>

I actual did what you suggested but backward. I searched google for the agent I wanted to check out through AW, scrolled down until I saw an AW link and found my way to the thread I wanted.

I'm sure the link here at AW is better and quicker. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. :)

You might also want to notice the Index to Agents, Publishers, and Others for the Bewares and Reccs forum that the fabulous CauPaux has created.

Status
Not open for further replies.