The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Tiger Dynasty Publishing

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Tiger Dynasty Publishing

Hello all.

I am not sure if this is the correct spot to ask my question, but I have recently received a post on my Facebook fan page from Tiger Dynasty Publishing letting me know that they are accepting submissions. (I believe they follow Paranormal Reads and read my review, but I am unsure.) I am a new author and I have not submitted to any publishing companies yet, but I have published my first book to Smashwords. I decided to do a bit of research to see if there were any reviews on the company, however, I cannot find anything. It seems they may be very new. I usually turn to the writer cooler when I do my research, but there is nothing here either. So, I was wondering if anybody has heard anything about Tiger Dynasty Publishing? Eventually I'd like to be published through a publishing company, but for right now, I'm still doing my research. Any help you could provide is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Meri

Wilde about Oscar aliceshortcake's Avatar

Write. Write. Writey Write Write. mrsmig's Avatar
    Here's the link to their website: http://www.tigerdynastypublishing.com/

This looks like a few authors got together and formed a publishing company. None of their lengthy biographies mention any experience in the publishing trade. Tiger Dynasty has a number of imprints but only two of the imprints have any published books listed, and all of them were written by the author/publishers. The website is geared toward writers rather than readers. Their books seem to be available only through Amazon. All the reviews on Amazon are three stars or above, and many of them have the same bylines. Many of the publications appear to be short stories, and all of them are selling on Amazon for $.99.

I'd steer clear for now.
    Last edited by mrsmig; 05-22-2013 at 01:04 AM.
    KINGLET: Coming in August 2017 from Fiery Seas Publishing!
    FISKUR: Releasing November 2017 from Fiery Seas!

My Website:
    www.donnamigliaccio.com

And the occasional Tweet.

Smile Thank you

Thank you for the link. I have visited their website. I just find it weird that the only thing I can find when I search their name is their website, Amazon site and Smashwords site. Maybe I feel it is weird because I have found reviews, good or bad, for every other publisher I have checked out. Anyway, thank you again.

Smile Thank you MrsMig

I was thinking I should too. I tend to be weary when I see no reviews.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Their wix-based site's having problems, so here's http://tigerdynastypub.blogspot.com/ for the time being.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Site gone, FB gone, Tw a stat bot. SW page remains. Hasn't published anyone but principals since '13.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: