• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Folio Literary Management

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
Any experiences with agent Jita Fumich?

I'm knee-deep in the agent search and stumbled across the bio for Ms. Jita Fumich at Folio Lit. From her bio, it sounds like she represents the kind of book I'm trying to sell, but I haven't been able to find much info on her from external sources. A search for her name in B,R&BC brings up nothing, she has no personal listing on either the AgentQuery or Publishers Marketplace websites, and a Google search brings up some blog posts she did about digital rights, but nothing else substantial.

Has anyone worked with her, submitted to her, etc.? Any experiences? Thanks!

CharleyGirl

Glad to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fallingleaflets.blogspot.com
Molly's response time

Has anyone heard back from Molly Jaffa lately regarding queries, partials, or fulls? I sent a query two weeks ago, and haven't heard anything. Not in a hurry, just wondering :)

MysteryScribe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kerrimaniscalco.com
Has anyone heard back from Molly Jaffa lately regarding queries, partials, or fulls? I sent a query two weeks ago, and haven't heard anything. Not in a hurry, just wondering :)

I sent her a query on the 13th of last month and haven't heard back yet, if that helps. I also saw on QT that a few people queried her around the 1st of September and haven't heard back either. Looks like she's just a bit behind. Here's to hoping we hear back soon with good news :)

UntouchableGreen

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Laura!

Actually yes, good news came yesterday. Michelle asked for my full. She's really busy right now and apologised for the time lag. (A full request is totaly worth a 3 month wait :))

I have two other partials out there and a full with another agency, so we'll see. Good luck to everyone with queries and submissions with Folio!

CharleyGirl

Glad to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I sent her a query on the 13th of last month and haven't heard back yet, if that helps. I also saw on QT that a few people queried her around the 1st of September and haven't heard back either. Looks like she's just a bit behind. Here's to hoping we hear back soon with good news :)

Thanks MysteryScribe :) Best of luck to you!

dawnb

Registered
Reaction score

I'm still waiting to hear from her--since June! I had a 15 page critique with her and she requested (rather enthusiastically) the full. (She asked if I could send it to her that day and said, "I couldn't be more excited about this story!) I sent it and haven't heard a peep since. I've still got my fingers crossed tho. Maybe she's just been really busy.

CharleyGirl

Glad to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm still waiting to hear from her--since June! I had a 15 page critique with her and she requested (rather enthusiastically) the full. (She asked if I could send it to her that day and said, "I couldn't be more excited about this story!) I sent it and haven't heard a peep since. I've still got my fingers crossed tho. Maybe she's just been really busy.

Wow, okay~ guess I'm in for a bit of a wait :) Best of luck with your full!

Laura Droege

Registered
Reaction score
I just checked Folio's site, and Sarah Sper McLellan has moved on from agenting. Here's what her page said:

"While I have appreciated the opportunity to read all the wonderful queries that authors have sent in, I have decided to move on from Folio to pursue freelance editing work and other opportunities and am no longer open to receiving queries. I have very much enjoyed working with the Folio team and I wish you all the best of luck as you continue on your road to becoming a published author!"

Just thought I'd let people know, and best of luck to Sarah.

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm. Methinks a nudge is in order.

RoseColoredSkies

It's a long and winding road
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sarah-biglow.com
Received a request for a full from Ms. Brower on a women's fiction query this morning. Quite excited.

Does anyone know if she's a hands on editor (in the event she were to say....offer rep)?

Laura Droege

Registered
Reaction score
Received a request for a full from Ms. Brower on a women's fiction query this morning. Quite excited.

Does anyone know if she's a hands on editor (in the event she were to say....offer rep)?

What great news! I hope she likes it. As to whether she's a hands-on editor type, I have no idea.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
In case anyone uses querytracker: They have scott hoffman as not accepting unsolicited queries, but on the website he says he's now open. You can query him via Online form on his page.

StellaArgentum

Enjoying the Adventure
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone queried Scott Hoffman recently? His submission page says he can take 6-8 weeks to reply, and I'm nearing the end of that window.

Thanks! :)

a. climacus

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Scott last week; I'll post if I get any kind of response.

Laura Droege

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry, Stella. Good luck working on your query letter. I've got to go work on mine, too.

StellaArgentum

Enjoying the Adventure
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry, Stella. Good luck working on your query letter. I've got to go work on mine, too.

Thanks Laura. :) It's always such a bummer to finally get an email from an agent ... and have it be a form rejection. I've done two versions of my query letter, with 7 agents receiving each, and so far the first version has had two requests and the second version has had only one. Hopefully the new and improved third version (third time's the charm!) will get more requests!

lisa17

Registered
Reaction score
Best Automated Response

I queried Scott last week; I'll post if I get any kind of response.

I just sent him a query and got the best automated reponse acknowledgement ever. It even said if it's better for someone else at agency he will pass it on. Made me love him. Now an ER will sting more. He seems so great.

DahlELama

Registered
Reaction score
According to GalleyCat, Celeste Fine is moving from this agency to Sterling Lord Literistic on January 30th.